What is an “Ace ring”?

Okay I’ve kind of just figured out my sexuality (which is gray asexual) and was wondering what an ace ring was? 

I’ve heard the term being thrown around a bit at school but don’t know what it is, I was hoping to get some answers here! Do all asexuals have this ring or like is it a person to person thing? I’m just looking for some help is all!

Some asexual people choose to wear a black ring around their middle finger as a subtle indicator they're asexual. This is supposed to make it easier to spot each other in public without having to be "out" or "open" about it. It's also just a general token of symbolism that some people wear out of pride or to express themselves.

just a little asterisk*

middle finger of the right hand. swinger culture (kinda the opposite of ace =^,^=) also uses black rings for the same idea of communication but there is a general understanding between the groups. I don't think I at least heard of a problem of mistaking one for the other, so don't worry about it, that's just why it's on a specific hand and finger generally