Hi!

LucyRose257

Hi there 😊

I started to realise a few years ago that I didn’t really fit into the mould that society tells me about sexuality and most specially sexual attraction. 

It was a confusing time thinking something was wrong with me because I didn’t feel sexually attracted to someone. Sure, I can appreciate when someone looks nice, and my body has some sort of reaction to sexual (fictional) like scenes. But I feel a massive disconnect between my bodies reaction and what I’m thinking? 

I have been in relationships before and they have been sexual relationships. Though the only reason I participated in the sexual part was an unhealthy mix of their large sex drive and blackmail around then leaving me if I didn’t... (don’t worry, a friend woke to me up to how unhealthy that was and I am no longer in it, it was a long time ago) 

I guess I don’t really know what I identify as, so here I am, getting some more information! And it is nice to know there is a community that is thinking and experiencing similar things as me. It makes me feel less like an outsider. 

Currently I would say I identify as a heteroromantic graysexual. I don’t know if this will change as I look more into everything but I am excited to continue this journey and discover who I am! I am also excited to meet more people like me ☺️

If you have any interested articles that helped you, please let me know! 

- C

28 From Australia! 

Welcome! 🍰

The following thread helped me a lot to come to terms with being asexual. Perhaps not your exact experience but hopefully you find it helpful anyway:

9 minutes ago, Iam9man said:

Welcome! 🍰

The following thread helped me a lot to come to terms with being asexual. Perhaps not your exact experience but hopefully you find it helpful anyway:

Thankyou! I will definitely give it a read :D 

Welcome! I don’t know about articles by Ash Hardell’s ABCs of LGBT is definitely a good watch, she breaks down all the terms (including a-spec identities) into simple to understand explanations :) 

la-fo-proof-chocolate-cake-20160213&f=1&

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2020 at 6:43 PM, LucyRose257 said:

Hi there 😊

I started to realise a few years ago that I didn’t really fit into the mould that society tells me about sexuality and most specially sexual attraction. 

It was a confusing time thinking something was wrong with me because I didn’t feel sexually attracted to someone. Sure, I can appreciate when someone looks nice, and my body has some sort of reaction to sexual (fictional) like scenes. But I feel a massive disconnect between my bodies reaction and what I’m thinking? 

I have been in relationships before and they have been sexual relationships. Though the only reason I participated in the sexual part was an unhealthy mix of their large sex drive and blackmail around then leaving me if I didn’t... (don’t worry, a friend woke to me up to how unhealthy that was and I am no longer in it, it was a long time ago) 

I guess I don’t really know what I identify as, so here I am, getting some more information! And it is nice to know there is a community that is thinking and experiencing similar things as me. It makes me feel less like an outsider. 

Currently I would say I identify as a heteroromantic graysexual. I don’t know if this will change as I look more into everything but I am excited to continue this journey and discover who I am! I am also excited to meet more people like me ☺️

If you have any interested articles that helped you, please let me know! 

- C

28 From Australia! 

Hi from a fellow Aussie!

Archived