Woman's boxers problem

GiraffeSpots

I have spent the past 2 hours trying to find super cute boxers for women that are in my price range, and I can't find any that actually make me happy so now I am sad. I don't like to think too hard about my gender because I know I am not up for putting the effort into figuring it out. Still, I know there is something not-quite-female when, despite being a pastel frilly glitter princess, sometimes I want to be seen as super manly. Usually, just a baggy shirt and no mirrors gets me through those days, but recently I got a pair of pjyama shorts. Like, the kind that look like boxers. Wore them for a few weeks and now I just want cute ass boxers that I can wear every day. I mean, bunnies and strawberries and sparkles level cute. I started wearing boy-short cut ones as a tween, but they are not much longer than briefs. Maybe I should just give up and buy a bunch of pyjama shorts, but it's getting me down. I just want cute boxers without having to think too hard about it.

When I wanted swim shorts, I just bought cute ones aime at younger boys. That was fine. In boxers I think they have like...a flap. I don't want a flap, that freaks me out. I know I am deffinately not the only one with underwear woes, want to share what works for you?

RoseGoesToYale

I actually saw an ad on Facebook for just such a thing. It's a company that makes several different styles of underwear with the idea of being gender neutral. The pattern in question was dinosaurs. Let me see if I can go track it down.

Hmm I have boxer-like underwear made for women that are cute but they were rather pricey. And I have fun printed boxers for men of various prices that I wear as pajama shorts but they do have openings in the front. Calvin Klein has a lot of nice “masculine” underwear for women but not exactly cheap... I suggest looking for androgynous brands but that may also come with a higher price tag due to being more niche and a smaller business...

yeah tomboy is a company ive heard of but it's pricey. worst case scenario you could buy boxers with the flap and just stitch it down if you're uncomfortable. do you know how to sew? if not it's super easy to learn! even tho you said you're unsure of your gender identity i think that exploring resources for trans and genderqueer people would be helpful. they'll have a much better idea of where to get stuff if aven doesn't work out!

RoseGoesToYale

@Iridium That's the one. Their prices look to be in the $20 USD range, not sure what your budget is.

Although looking up reviews now, they seem to be mixed to negative. 😕

There's also Etsy, too.

you could also just look at "men's" boxers (clothes have no gender!)- i just perused walmart's website- yes, yes i know fast-fashion is bad but im poor. im seeing some on there without the lil flap

Personally, I always try to save up for the "good" clothes, even though I'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination.  They last longer, so you save money in the long run.

Thank you everyone for your advice and input! I found a plain pastel 5 pack for under £7 cause it was on sale, male "hipsters" that have no flap.

@RoseGoesToYale @Iridium I love the ones on tomboy, they will be my aspirational boxers, especially the cupcake ones, but student budget says no

@Kimchi Peanut I couldn't find any androgynous ones, but I will keep my eye out for them

@elizabeth17 I can sew, I don't need to for these ones, but I am 100% decorating them when they come, and maybe have to take them in because sizing is different

@HelloSnakeEyes Fabric glue sounds great, will save me time in decoration

Janus the Fox

Searching Amazon is usually one way to go about looking for almost anything.

DuranDuranfan
17 hours ago, RoseGoesToYale said:

I actually saw an ad on Facebook for just such a thing. It's a company that makes several different styles of underwear with the idea of being gender neutral. The pattern in question was dinosaurs. Let me see if I can go track it down.

It was probably Tomboy X. 

There is another one called Lucky Skivvies. They make boxer shorts without the pouch, but with the open keyhole fly(which works for me because I can pee standing up without the use of a penis). They can be worn by any body(male, female, intersex, trans, etc.).

They arrived yesterday~ Very comfortable to sleep in :D Just need to find my joggers now sdo I can wear them out!

• 4 months later...
Twigwilter

For cheap boxer style underwear designed for a female shape I can recommend Bon Prix in the UK who do a four pack for about 13 pound. Some are completely neutral coloured/ non frilly (I wouldn't go near them otherwise!). The style is called "girlie boxer" which I can forgive them for as they're so good! They actually have slight legs to them (very rare), don't ride up and have a faux button fly. They're well worth a look! I'm so fussy about underwear that I normally wear men's but was getting a bit fed up of having extra space where it's not needed! I'm a UK size 12 and got size 14/16 as I don't like tight pants and the fit is perfect .

I thought you were looking for two actual boxers. Glad to see it's the clothing item you're looking for. 😂 I'm not sure if there are any without a flap when you're talking about underwear, but i could be wrong. Bon Prix gets my vote as well, though.

DuranDuranfan

There’s another brand called Woxer.

Archived