Hello Everyone!

sharkey

Hello All,

Over the last few years I have gone through a rollercoaster of painful self-discovery, which eventually lead me to this page. I have always felt like an outsider. I never understood why I didn't feel the same way about sex that everyone around me seemed to feel. I always seemed to made up excuses to make myself feel better about being so different. "Maybe you haven't met the right person", or "I'm just to busy to notice", ect. Eventually I got up the courage to just "get it over with" and have sex with someone. I thought that maybe that what I wasn't feeling was because I didn't know what I was missing. After the most painful few months of my life, I resigned myself to a life of being alone and misunderstood. When I found this community, I felt like it had to be too good to be true. Part of me feels so relieved and happy to finally realize that there are other out there that feel the same way I do. The part of me is even more scared. I'm scared that even among all of these people I still won't fit in. I'm scared that now there is all this pressure to tell people, and talk about/defend this side of myself that I have never talked about with anyone before. Deciding to join this forum and write this post has been very hard for me, but I am really grateful to be apart of this community, and proud to say that I am asexual.

THE HOBBIT HEATHEN

There’s absolutely no pressure or reason to rush to tell anyone anything. It’s best to do things at your own speed and if some tries to force you, than they are toxic and don’t belong in your life. 
I know I’m new here, but I wouldn’t worry about fitting in here. There’s so many people from all walks of life. No one is alone here

Welcome! It’s okay to be scared, there’s nothing wrong with it; being cautious and apprehensive about taking the next big step is natural. Just remember that no matter what we’ll support you and your identity, because that’s what this site is all about. It’s a safe space to learn about Asexuality and the ace-spectrum (and aromanticism too).

I’d recommend the Arcade for making new friends. There’s lots of silly games, and you can spend time playing together and then chatting if you feel like you get along :) 

la-fo-proof-chocolate-cake-20160213&f=1&

Archived