Need ideas/problems

Acetheist

I'm looking for problems that can be solved/helped with the advent of a single new technology, tool, drug, etc. (e.g. Increasing food production, decreasing energy use for this or that). 

Specific problems are really good, problems that affect many would be great.

*I need to come up with solutions to problems for a class but I'm drawing blanks on problems that can be improved with a single thing. The example we got was problems keeping vaccines/medicines cool during transportation to remote (warm) areas.*

How about water desalination. Fresh water is nice. Too many people worldwide struggle to get proper clean water.  🤔

RoseGoesToYale

Perhaps you're too far removed from the whole hordes of various "problems" out there. Having experience with something firsthand puts you in a better position to come up with a solution, based on needs and knowledge.

What's the most significant nagging problem in your life? Odds are you're not the only person affected by such a problem, so then consider everyone else who might also be affected by it. If there was one invention or discovery that could solve that problem, you'd be well-equipped to come up with the solution.

9 hours ago, Silence4now said:

How about water desalination. Fresh water is nice. Too many people worldwide struggle to get proper clean water.  🤔

Thanks! I'd been thinking about something involving water but hadn't considered that yet.

9 hours ago, RoseGoesToYale said:

Perhaps you're too far removed from the whole hordes of various "problems" out there. Having experience with something firsthand puts you in a better position to come up with a solution, based on needs and knowledge.

What's the most significant nagging problem in your life? Odds are you're not the only person affected by such a problem, so then consider everyone else who might also be affected by it. If there was one invention or discovery that could solve that problem, you'd be well-equipped to come up with the solution.

Yeah, coming from the U.S., I definitely have less problems than a lot of people. Everything I've been able to come up with wouldn't be able to improve with just one thing (I was coming up with multiple solutions that might work together) or was more economics/society based. 

I think my big problem is I'm thinking too big, so even suggestions that get me on the right track are very welcome.

Archived