Funny things you thought were attraction before finding you were ace

That Ginger Kid

Sexual chemistry 

If someone makes you feel hot towards them it's exothermic 

If they make you feel cold towards them it's endothermic 😋😋

On 1/23/2020 at 1:18 PM, That Ginger Kid said:

Let me start. 

I remember, when I was about 19, telling a guy I thought I was actually sexually attracted to him (he knew I’m ace) because I legitimately thought sexual attraction was the same as wanting to date someone. Oh, how I’ve learned over the years! Really, I just had a little crush on him without any sexual feelings and didn’t know sexual feelings were really a thing. I licherally thought sexual attraction like seen in movies was totally made up and my version of a crush (which is pretty much wanting to hold hands and cuddle and talk with someone) was the real thing. 
I just had that random memory while driving around and thought I needed to share. I’m interested to know if anyone did something similar before they learned more about being ace. 

I’ve done this an can totally relate to it.its so confusing an even more so when it’s new an at the time I didn’t know where to turn for advice or help,or guidance.it can take over your whole life for a long time.used to do my head in.still remember how I used to have these discussions an arguments with myself in my head.i can totally relate though

On 1/22/2020 at 8:48 PM, That Ginger Kid said:

Let me start. 

I remember, when I was about 19, telling a guy I thought I was actually sexually attracted to him (he knew I’m ace) because I legitimately thought sexual attraction was the same as wanting to date someone. Oh, how I’ve learned over the years! Really, I just had a little crush on him without any sexual feelings and didn’t know sexual feelings were really a thing. I licherally thought sexual attraction like seen in movies was totally made up and my version of a crush (which is pretty much wanting to hold hands and cuddle and talk with someone) was the real thing. 
I just had that random memory while driving around and thought I needed to share. I’m interested to know if anyone did something similar before they learned more about being ace. 

Ngl I've done this before twice and both were embarrassing

So I spent my years of 15-21 thinking that wanting to date someone and have a level of intimacy with them was the same as sexual attraction. Only to feel simply disappointment when we'd kiss or touch, or, eventually, have sex. I kept telling myself that it was because I needed more that I was feeling this dissatisfaction. Only to later realize that I needed less. I love cuddling, and there is even a small arousal that comes along with it. I just don't want anything past that.

Being nervous around pretty girls that I didn't know very well, I always mistook that as a crush. Turns out the nervousness was just a combination of my anxiety and my crippling fear of rejection in new friendships. I've become closer friends now with many of the people I've had 'crushes' on and most of the nervousness is gone, there is only love in my heart for my dear friends.

Blizzard Avis

I used to think that you find out who you are attracted to by getting a crush on them. There was one time when I was around 16, my mother asked me if I was attracted to men or women and I told her: "I don't know, I haven't had a crush on anyone yet"

I also had this thing a short period of time where I thought that me, as an artist, preferring to draw women and feminine features meant I felt attraction towards women. Turns out I just think they are pretty. And ironically I draw men more often than women now.

WrenIsNotMyRealName!!

I had a crush on a specific girl who had an identical twin but it was kindergarten and I think it was just I fucking love twins cause it's cool cause my second "crush" as another girl who had a fraternal brother.

The thing I mistook for romance was pure loneliness. When I was young and very depressed, I basically latched onto the closest person who would serve as a release valve for my emotions and called it love. I later learned that that was just friendship and redefined that relationship.

Archived