Fictoromanitc/Fictosexual?

SpaceTrash

I wouldn't say I'm fictosexual/fictoromantic, but having ADHD and being autistic means I hyperfixate on one or two things at a time, and ever since Encanto came out, I've hyperfixated specifically on Bruno so hard it's turned into a crush! Just seeing a picture of him makes me really happy, and I've ended up drawing tons of self-insert fanart of me and him together, haha. Funnily enough, one of my friends is fictionkin with him, and he doesn't mind me constantly bothering him with questions, so that's how I manage : P

I feel like the difference between how I feel and being fictosexual/fictoromantic is the fact that I know I'll most likely move on onto something else, even if I don't want to. Hyperfixations always seem to end much too quickly!

I don't consider myself ficto but I have plenty of crushes on fictional characters - Geralt of Rivia, Carswell Thorne, Nickolai Lantsov etc. I'm a writer and I fall for every male protagonist I write about. But that's something I feel necessary to my writing - how can I expect the reader to love them if I don't? Every character a writer creates is a part of them and thus it is deeply personal whether we are conscious of it or not. 

• 3 months later...

I'm really interested in fictosexuality/fictoromantic at the moment, I think I might actually be fictosexual but I'm getting caught up on a few questions of science and brain chemistry cause I'm still only in my early teens, does anyone mind sharing how old they were when they started to think they might be fictosexual, even if they didn't have a word for it? And also, if those feelings lasted? Thank you so much already just for having these conversations, they've been really helpful to read and take advice from 

• 1 month later...
blasphemous_chili

I never had a word for it until now, but I'm absolutely fictoromantic/fictosexual. I've been in love with a fictional character since I was a kid (50+ years). If he had been based on a historical person, I would have become a physicist & I'd be researching time travel. (and I HATE math) So thank you. It's nice to know I'm not the only one!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/21/2021 at 1:55 AM, Discoverasexuality said:

So , how do you manage with the incrementing age of the character? 

Your not alone. I've created this character that I can't get enough of. Although, he is set in the future of 2040 being born in 2006. So I'm having this problem as well. Quite honestly, I thought I was alone and I'm too scared to tell any one in fear of being judged. So, no you are not alone. But does anyone have advice for what I can do?

On 11/21/2021 at 1:55 AM, Discoverasexuality said:

So , how do you manage with the incrementing age of the character? 

On 12/30/2022 at 6:15 PM, Pushik said:

Heyza!

This thread brought me here. Is there a place to fit into and connect with other fictos?  Please say yes >_>

Yes!

I've created this character that I can't get enough of. Although, he is set in the future of 2040 being born in 2006. Quite honestly, I thought I was alone and I'm too scared to tell anyone in fear of being judged. So, no you are not alone. But does anyone have advice for what I can do? It's killing me. ❤️