Am I Asexual?

IAmASimpleMuffin

IAmASimpleMuffin

Hello to everyone here!

I am a 13 year old female teen and I came here for the reason that I needed some help figuring out my identity. In most ways, I feel like I am an asexual and I want to stay that way. Just hearing the genital words sometimes brings me to cringe and the idea of sex disgusts me. Hearing everyone talk about it, I turn away from the topics and day dream about other things that interest me. But here is the problem, I still feel aroused while reading stories that have scenes with sex in them. For movies, it is the other way around, I get disgusted. Yet I feel like I am not like everyone around me. Romantically, I figured out I am straight, for I do want to have a partner with whom I can be myself, love and hang out with. I did have a few crushes on people (in a non-sexual way). The first time I felt asexuality was when I met a guy, I wanted to get closer to him, and wanted him to become interested in me, yet the idea of sex just got me disgusted. Like most asexuals, I do anything I can to avoid the thoughts, examine rocks, learn about parts of the galaxy and even simple plants. I felt that I am ace in most ways. Some days, I wake up and just start wondering about my sexual identity and can't let go unless something else catches my attention. Knowing that many will say, "You are too young, it will come to you." I feel like it just doesn't, as I felt this way ever since I was 10. Any help here?

Signing off, kiran~

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, IAmASimpleMuffin said:

Like most asexuals, I do anything I can to avoid the thoughts, 

If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by 'the thoughts'?

IAmASimpleMuffin
2 hours ago, TianaHunter said:

If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by 'the thoughts'?

What I mean by that is the idea of having sex in the future. I try my best to avoid the thoughts of sex and genitals.

no, you are a muffin.

edit for actually relevant words: no, most ace folk don't avoid sexual thoughts. in general taking an antagonistic role to your own (a)sexuality, whatever that may be, isn't exactly something that is healthy.

I would suggest considering keeping the door to what you mind feels like thinking about unlocked. let the ideas come in, let the ideas go.

and remember to be kind to yourself, they are doing their best.

• Like 2
On 1/22/2020 at 10:14 PM, IAmASimpleMuffin said:

Hello to everyone here!

I am a 13 year old female teen and I came here for the reason that I needed some help figuring out my identity. In most ways, I feel like I am an asexual and I want to stay that way. Just hearing the genital words sometimes brings me to cringe and the idea of sex disgusts me. Hearing everyone talk about it, I turn away from the topics and day dream about other things that interest me. But here is the problem, I still feel aroused while reading stories that have scenes with sex in them. For movies, it is the other way around, I get disgusted. Yet I feel like I am not like everyone around me. Romantically, I figured out I am straight, for I do want to have a partner with whom I can be myself, love and hang out with. I did have a few crushes on people (in a non-sexual way). The first time I felt asexuality was when I met a guy, I wanted to get closer to him, and wanted him to become interested in me, yet the idea of sex just got me disgusted. Like most asexuals, I do anything I can to avoid the thoughts, examine rocks, learn about parts of the galaxy and even simple plants. I felt that I am ace in most ways. Some days, I wake up and just start wondering about my sexual identity and can't let go unless something else catches my attention. Knowing that many will say, "You are too young, it will come to you." I feel like it just doesn't, as I felt this way ever since I was 10. Any help here?

Signing off, kiran~

I also discovered asexuality at 13, so you're not alone! It took me an additional year to be comfortable about aromanticism and I am still surrounded (a few years on) by people I have to teach about it, sometimes even the teacher. Everybody has different triggers. It's alright to be aroused, because that's nothing to do with attraction. I am more okay with reading erotica than watching it because seeing it happen is a lot more uncomfortable. Also, since we all get peers when we're thirteen who experience sexual attraction, I am sure you could be ace. It's all about the labels you personally identify with, so we can only help you out in making those decisions.

• Like 1