Re-thinking my life after identifying as gay for over 10 years

nwtnsqrd

Hello everyone!

I'm Newt, 25 and from Germany. Currently I am on a journey learning about everything asexual since I had the revelation a couple of days ago after talking to my previous boyfriend about how we felt about our relationship. He pointed me in the direction that I might be asexual, something I have never considered before.

So I am still overwhelmed, can identify which so many of the stories I have already read. Still a little bit lost and not sure where/how to fit in.

Looking forward to chatting with you people!

Thanks ❤️

Awesome, I'll check that out, thank you! I'm still a little shy but I hope to get around to posting and engaging in conversations around here :)

Greetings!  I identified as gay for more than 30 years, though for most of that time I recognized that I was asexual, without having a word for it.  I still identify as homoromantic because I do, occasionally, feel romantic attraction to other men (though it's been a long time since I felt any desire to act on it).  I also still feel a cultural affinity with gay folks.  So I can certainly understand feeling a bit lost and confused as you explore a possible new identity.  Take your time and figure out what label(s), if any, feel comfortable to you.  I'm pretty new on this site myself, but so far it seems very welcoming and informative.  I hope that you enjoy exploring here, and learning about yourself. 😁

Hello and welcome! We're fellow countrymen.

Yes, it can feel a bit overwhelming, even scary, to have new realisations about yourself. But imho nothing beats the feeling of being 'whole' and authentic, so I hope that you will find what you are looking for - whether it be information, or conversations, or something else entirely. 😊

Welcome to AVEN! We're a friendly bunch so I hope you'll feel comfortable around here soon.

Finding out whether you're ace and then coming to terms with it will take some time. There's no rush! Lass dir Zeit!

:cake::cake::cake: ...and have some cake, of course.

35 minutes ago, Paca ermito said:

Greetings!  I identified as gay for more than 30 years, though for most of that time I recognized that I was asexual, without having a word for it [...]

I have known about asexuality for a bit as well, but it just never clicked and I already put myself in that box that I'm gay.

Thank you for your kind words :)

7 minutes ago, kiaroskuro said:

Hello and welcome! We're fellow countrymen.

Yes, it can feel a bit overwhelming, even scary, to have new realisations about yourself. But imho nothing beats the feeling of being 'whole' and authentic, so I hope that you will find what you are looking for - whether it be information, or conversations, or something else entirely. 😊

Servus o/

It is certainly overwhelming, in a positive sense. I will mostly be spending my time reading up on all these different topics that are completely new to me.

Thank you for your comment :)

4 minutes ago, Ennis said:

Welcome to AVEN! We're a friendly bunch so I hope you'll feel comfortable around here soon.

Finding out whether you're ace and then coming to terms with it will take some time. There's no rush! Lass dir Zeit!

:cake::cake::cake: ...and have some cake, of course.

Will do :) Thanks for the yummy cake 

5 minutes ago, nwtnsqrd said:

I already put myself in that box that I'm gay.

You can still be a gay (as in homoromantic) asexual.

Here's a thread for aces in Germany, in case you're interested:

Hi, I'm the guy @OptimisticPessimist mentioned who does the YouTube stuff 😅 

There's also a homoromantic guys chat over here you could check out: 

It's not too lively at the moment, but if you have any questions or just want to chat, you could give it a shot.

Also, I'm here if you want to ask any questions about my experience or stuff like that 😊 Either here or in my PMs 

haha nice cake :)

Yeah I'm looking forward to be a part of this community :)

32 minutes ago, Slice of Ace said:

Also, I'm here if you want to ask any questions about my experience or stuff like that 😊 Either here or in my PMs 

Hey :) I have watched your how you figured out your orientation video, very interesting to hear. I would like to share some remarks about your story, I'ma shoot you a message :)

MercyIsVictory

Grüß dich, Newt! Bist ja hier herzlich willkommen! Sounds like quite the journey, but this is a great place to figure things out. Happy to help if I can!

Danke :) Will definitely take your offer soon. It's all very overwhelming and it's cool to see other guys here that feel similar to how I do. So I will for sure have questions

MercyIsVictory
4 minutes ago, nwtnsqrd said:

Danke :) Will definitely take your offer soon. It's all very overwhelming and it's cool to see other guys here that feel similar to how I do. So I will for sure have questions

Most definitely! Jederzeit.

Welcome! Just came by to drop off some more cake for you :P 

recipe_elegant-chocolate-cake.jpg?itok=p

Archived