Am i strange?

Hi everybody,

i have a relationship with my girlfriend for about 8 years and we have a daughter...

Our sexual relationship isn't always great... 

Now i think i made a mistake... I have a female friend who i know for years and we can talk about everything, also about sex... 

Now i did something stupid to send her a picture of my d*ck... It was just joking around... is this cheating?

Could i be that i am a exhibitionist because it turns me on that i could send someone a picture of that...? 

47 minutes ago, CBC said:

Bottom line

Heh.

1 hour ago, Joshua1985 said:

Now i did something stupid to send her a picture of my d*ck... It was just joking around... is this cheating?

Genuine question here. How would would you feel if you found out your girlfriend had sent images of her genitals to a special man-friend who she talks about sex and stuff with? Would you feel like she'd cheated on you in some way?

Yes, that was most probably a mistake, and if you get found out it would be very difficult to convince your partner that it's was a one-off lapse in judgement. 

• Like 1

I can’t really advise on the rest but sending people a picture of your genitals when they didn’t ask for it is highly inappropriate and gross. There are multiple websites online that literally were created so people (mainly women) can complain about dick pics and post them there anonymously so....yea don’t ever do that again, and apologise to your friend .

1 hour ago, Pan Ficto. (on hiatus?) said:

Genuine question here. How would would you feel if you found out your girlfriend had sent images of her genitals to a special man-friend who she talks about sex and stuff with? Would you feel like she'd cheated on you in some way?

As someone who has only ever been cheated on in relationships, I fully agree with the statement above, put yourself in her place, ask yourself honestly how you'd feel....

I have never been able to understand those who send pictures like that to others, if you're a paid model then fine, but just sending random pictures of genitals? You'd be the first to get upset if they were posted online. Most of my closest friends are women, I can talk to them about anything and they can with me, but I would never dream of doing something like that, and we are all really close, I would be devastated if I ruined a relationship through something as stupid as that, truthfully I would sort out what's wrong in your relationship and work on that not sending pictures of your genitals to other women

• Like 1

I think there is someone better to have this conversation with than the internet.

• Like 2

But isn't it possible that platonic friends can exchange nudes without wanting to sleep or have sex with each other? Isn't cheating all about the intention? 

Nothing gets a lady laughing faster than an unexpected picture of a guy's junk. I think most hetero men think that fixes everything. My advice is don't. Ever. I don't wish to be too harsh but the only part of this that you seem to be clear on is that the picture you sent was a joke. Try providing yourself with time for personal growth instead. Silence4now.

Yeah dude I dont even know what to say. If you did not have a daughter I would say work out your relationship with your girlfriend and maybe come to some sort of agreement or just break up. But since you have a daughter, It's alot more difficult. If I were to put me in your situation I would just clear things up with that friend and move on with my life. Mostly because I would not want my daughter to grow up knowing that her mom and dad broke up because he was cheating on her.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, CBC said:

My stance on dick pics has long been that if I ever received an unsolicited one, I'd send back a snapshot of my dog's balls.

What if the other person is into that though

A few of my friends and I have seen each other naked. That itself is not a big deal. We know stuff about one another that is much more intimate and personal than just being naked. Yet if it's not something like "look at my new tattoo" or "I just injured myself", sending a nude would be... pretty odd.

• Like 1
AceMissBehaving
3 hours ago, Joshua1985 said:

But isn't it possible that platonic friends can exchange nudes without wanting to sleep or have sex with each other? Isn't cheating all about the intention? 

Ehhhhhhh... I mean anything is possible.

If it’s being sent out for some kind of exhibitionist sexual gratification though, I wouldn’t consider it platonic.

like I live in a world where a lot of my friends pose nude, if they sent me something from a photoshoot because they were really proud of the work, but couldn’t publicly share it for copyright reasons, then that would be platonic and I’d be there to cheer them on.

If they sent a random nude photo they just took to me because they got turned on by sending nudes to people, I’d be upset that they used me in their sex stuff without my consent. So to me that would not be platonic.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Joshua1985 said:

it is absolutely about intent. and in case this was unclear to your own self, someone was kind enough to describe your intent right here:

13 hours ago, Joshua1985 said:

it turns me on that i could send someone a picture of that...? 

On 1/22/2020 at 3:21 PM, CBC said:

My stance on dick pics has long been that if I ever received an unsolicited one, I'd send back a snapshot of my dog's balls.

Cola went through my nose. 😂

On topic,

In my opinion sending dick pics is always a bad idea.

4 minutes ago, CBC said:

I really gotta take an updated one just to have on hand in case... the last one I took was over five years ago and I don't think it's on my camera roll anymore. It's good to be prepared! 👌

I've also heard that some people put up all the dick pics they receive up on a website for all to see 😂