Hey everybody!

Rubedo

Hello! I'm really excited to be joining this website,  I've never met any other Asexuals before so I would love to start chatting with you guys!

Here's a little of my story: When I was a teenager,  I was never someone who went out of their way to be flirty with guys. My friends would always go on about how they were crushing on guys and which actor was the cutest. I joined in,  mostly out of peer pressure but internally I never felt the way they did and I didn't understand why.  There was even a while there where I seriously questioned my sexuality but after putting much thought into it,  I realized that I had no attraction toward women either.  I could recognize that a person was attractive.  But did I ever want to have sex with them? Definitely not.

Going into my twenties,  my feelings toward other people didn't change,  though at this point I was pretty much telling myself (and anyone that asked) that I was just picky or that I was busy with college and I didn't have time for men.  I did go on a couple dates over the years but any form of relationship that came from them didn't last and never went anywhere passed a first date. 

I first learned of the term asexual from fanfiction of all things, and while it did spark my interest,  I never thought much of it other than that it was a thing.  That is,  until probably a couple years later I was looking at custom hair bows on one of my favorite shops on Etsy. They had designs based on lots of different sexuality flags and I didn't know most of them so I started looking into what each of them represented. 

When I did research on Asexuality,  it resonated with me so deeply,  it was like I was finally getting answers for why I was so different from pretty much everyone around me.  It feels great to know that there are other people like me out there,  and that I'm not alone!

I still haven't been able to come out to my family yet. I've kinda hinted at it,  but I always get what I'm sure a lot of people do: that I just haven't found the right person yet and to try putting myself out there more. 

But I feel okay with who I am,  and I like being single! Though it can get a little lonely sometimes haha 😋

Welcome! It’s always good to find a group of people who get you, I’m sure you’ll make a tonne of new friends in no time :) 

chocolate-truffle-cake-dark-chocolate-ca

Archived