Hives that won't go away

I've had them for about 3ish months now. Anxiety is kinda normal for me but I've never had hives from it before. We did switch to a different laundry detergent around that time. I can't really tell if that's what caused it though. I'm thinking they might be stress related. Then that stress would be gender dysphoria which... doesn't go away. So I have really no idea what the cause is or how to actually get rid of them. So... iDEas?!

That Ginger Kid

Do you have access to a doctor? They’d be able to tell you a lot more than randos on the internet :3

If not, my first step would be to switch back to the detergent you used to use. It could very well just be a little allergic reaction. 

Janus the Fox

Stress is likly, unless something has changed in the diet or lifestyle, a developing intolerance or coming into contact with other materials like starting a job involving chemicals etc.  There's a lot of online self-evaluation which could be useful to take to a doctor.  In the mean time a pharmacist could give temporary relief.  Possible causes from the NHS page on Hives in spoiler.

Spoiler

You cannot always prevent hives

Hives occur when something causes high levels of histamine and other chemicals to be released in the skin. This is known as a trigger.

Triggers can include:

• food
  • pollen and plants
  • insect bites and stings
  • chemicals
  • latex
  • dust mites
  • heat – work and sleep in a cool room and wear loose, lightweight clothes
  • sunlight, exercise or water
  • medicines – speak to a GP if you have an allergic reaction
  • infections
  • emotional stress

Hives for three months isn't normal. As others have said, it's time to consult an expert, if not a doctor than a pharmacist. 

Archived