People think i'm "weird"

Asexy51

Hello everyone, i hope you have a nice day cause im not, my issue has always been that i was abused as a child and this has affected my behaviour more than genes as many like to think, malnutrition and lack of basic need fulfilment did too. (Please refrain from diagnosing me). So right now and still people think i'm weird or at a first glance just seem too mentally ill to employers to have a job, i'm depressed right now. If we say that most people are alike each other 70% by my estimate and that my enviornment lacks diversity, open mindedness and simply healthy common sense and i dont fit into any illness, disease, disorder category to get a disability, what chances do i have? Suicide? People are so wrong about me but they dont give me or even themselves a chance to stop being so stuck up. Does anyone have the same problem? Please share. Thank you.

People have always thought I was weird, too... but I've got some pretty crippling anxiety about going out and getting a job, so idk how well I'd do in a situation like that, especially given that I've been mostly holed away in my house with almost only my immediate family for company, so idk the effect that's had on me.

Now, granted I don't know how your weirdness manifests itself, but with what experience I do have, being weird wasn't really an issue? I mean... there's good weird, and there's bad weird... Good weird is more like quirky, marches-to-the-beat-of-a-different-drum kinda stuff, while bad weird is more like creepy or unnerving. If you're in the first category, I would think you'd do fine getting a job??

I mean, are the employers themselves telling you you seem to mentally ill to get the job, or are people just telling you "oh I bet the employers wouldn't even hire you" type shit? If it's the latter, all I can say is do your best to ignore them. You'll never know unless you try.

11 minutes ago, Karret said:

People have always thought I was weird, too... but I've got some pretty crippling anxiety about going out and getting a job, so idk how well I'd do in a situation like that, especially given that I've been mostly holed away in my house with almost only my immediate family for company, so idk the effect that's had on me.

Now, granted I don't know how your weirdness manifests itself, but with what experience I do have, being weird wasn't really an issue? I mean... there's good weird, and there's bad weird... Good weird is more like quirky, marches-to-the-beat-of-a-different-drum kinda stuff, while bad weird is more like creepy or unnerving. If you're in the first category, I would think you'd do fine getting a job??

I mean, are the employers themselves telling you you seem to mentally ill to get the job, or are people just telling you "oh I bet the employers wouldn't even hire you" type shit? If it's the latter, all I can say is do your best to ignore them. You'll never know unless you try.

No they arent telling me im weird but implicitly show it, like making weirded out faces at an interview at me when even people with down's and cerebral palsy work there and giving me a job just to call tommorow morning to invent a reason why i'm rejected, like that they are full. They can not tell openly because they just dont know what to say but that denies me the opportunity to explain myself. They are probably jealous cause i seem smart, i can tell by their made up excuses, they sound like 10 y/o playing mind games just to one up me intellectually.

19 minutes ago, Asexy51 said:

No they arent telling me im weird but implicitly show it, like making weirded out faces at an interview at me when even people with down's and cerebral palsy work there and giving me a job just to call tommorow morning to invent a reason why i'm rejected, like that they are full. They can not tell openly because they just dont know what to say but that denies me the opportunity to explain myself. They are probably jealous cause i seem smart, i can tell by their made up excuses, they sound like 10 y/o playing mind games just to one up me intellectually.

I guess i seem like i have no enthusiasm.

Don't give up! People who don't judge, especially based on appearances, will be able to see past, and see you're a wonderful human being :)

14 hours ago, Asexy51 said:

Hmmm that is pretty odd. Have you ever looked over the interactions to figure out what made them make weird faces so maybe next time you could avoid doing something similar in the future?

I’m confused. What do you think is coming across as weird? Perhaps you could benefit from therapy to work on body language and phrasing in conversation if you think that’s the issue.

7 minutes ago, Kimchi Peanut said:

I’m confused. What do you think is coming across as weird? Perhaps you could benefit from therapy to work on body language and phrasing in conversation if you think that’s the issue.

No thats not the issue. They probably thought im MTF cause i look a bit androgynus

1 hour ago, Asexy51 said:

No thats not the issue. They probably thought im MTF cause i look a bit androgynus

That shouldn’t be an issue... Even if you were trans, I don’t see how that would affect employment - depending on where you live. Looking somewhat androgynous isn’t weird.

Anthracite_Impreza

If you really think you have a disability then go to the doctor and see what they say; you could even benefit from therapy for your past abuse (which I am only just starting to receive over a decade after the fact). No one in my family believed (or wanted to admit) I was autistic, but when I actually went for a diagnosis I had no issue getting one. So yeah, sometimes you just have to keep pushing when you know somet's wrong.

Archived