Things that piss you off as a driver.

Ashmedai

Well, those of us who've driven around a little bit would have all come across some dipshit on the road, whether it be cyclists or getting stuck behind some dickhead in a Prius that got their licence out of a corn flake box. Even these days, cyclists seem to be multiplying and clogging up the road while feeling rather self entitled wearing lycra.

A couple things off the top of my head:

1.  People who can't use roundabouts. I've almost driven out in front of people on a roundabout because they decided not to indicate until the last minute. I've also had people cut me off even having clearly indicated. Not to mention those few who seem to get lost while using them.
  2.  While cyclists are a bit of a scourge on the road, it is nice of the ones who actually do stick in their cycling lanes rather than large swarms. However, quite a few of them seem to have trouble staying inside their lane. This gets very annoying to have to deal with, especially since we're legally required to give them 1m of room going 60km/hr or less, 1.5m if going over. Especially in places where the road doesn't have much room, or comes into roundabouts or chicanes etc.
  3. People that go 10-20km under the speed limit for no reason. This gets really annoying, especially at 5am when there's next to no traffic, even more so if you're in the zoom zoom lane and everyone in the left lane is overtaking you.

People who dont indicate.

People who dont get that I have right of way.

People who think cutting is their job.

People who like to over take on a solid line.

Cyclist and taxis are my greatest rivals.

Trucks who try to take over the entire road. 

People going 40 km/h in a 100km/h road.

Alejandrogynous

People who don't use their turn signal.

People who go slow in the fast lane.

Idiots who act like they've never seen snow before every single winter in Ohio.

People who think the stretch of road between my home and work is 25mph, which is a busy area so I could see why they'd think that if there weren't a 35mph sign RIGHT THERE that they ignore every time.

Grey-Ace Ventura

pedestrians

Two cyclist riding by each other and having conversation!!!
Drivers who don't use their turn signal.

Anthracite_Impreza

Cyclists, slow twats, speed limits, speed cameras, coppers, cities, one way systems, chicanes, speed bumps, potholes... Need I go on?

I actually don't have any existential issues with buses and lorries cos they're vehicles. It's the humans and their shit I can't stand.

More 'terrified of ending up hurting them' than 'angered by' - pedestrians wearing dark clothes crossing the road in the dark when vehicles have right of way - not always easy to see them. 

Also terrified of people who see you coming and walk across the road anyway. 

One day, a driver may not be able to react in time to either of those situations. 

Have also been in a situation where a car indicated left but went right and then did the same for following roundabouts...irresponsible drivers are definitely out there. 

Haha!  So much here to chuckle over!  😂  I live in Alaska, in the U.S. and the city decided to put in round-a-bouts about 10 years ago.  Now, I lived outside of London for 3 years and I lived in L.A. for 10, so I'm familiar with these circular roads that make most americans sh*t their pants.  What I can't understand is why the round-a-bouts here are so small!  They're supposedly 2 lanes - which narrows to 1 in the winter with all the snow -- and the diameter of the things are so darn small, you have to crawl around them at 25 mph (40 kph) in order not to slide around ... and then the city decided to put in speed humps ... say what?  Do you really think we were driving too fast?  And what about all the people who come up to the yield sign and stop?  And they sit there and wait ... and wait ... and wait ... omg.  Take another road if you're freaked out!

And the other day I was on my way to work, at 6:30 in the morning.  It's a quick jump on the highway two exits, about 2 miles between my house and work, about 5 minutes.  If I take the main roads, it's 10-15.  So normally I don't bother with changing lanes.  Yes, well, I know it's winter but ... the road is dry ... there's no snow or ice to impede traffic ... so why are you traveling at 45 mph in a 65 mph zone?  omfg, and then I found out it was a coworker!  😥  Followed her all the way into the parking lot.

Speaking of women drivers ... in Anchorage, there's a weirdly high percentage of women drivers who have subarus.  These are all-wheel-drive vehicles with great control in the winter weather and an awesome crash rating, important if you're in weekly danger of sliding off the road or dealing with people who've suddenly forgotten how to drive on ice/snow.  But the thing is, they typically drive 5-10 mph under the speed limit.  Every time I pass one of these stupid cars, it seems there's a woman in the driver's seat.  Dude!  You're in a subaru!  You basically can't crash those things if you try!  Quit driving like grandma.

And men ... so you're not feeling left out.... 😋   Alaska has more reality TV shows than any other state in the U.S. and in practically every one you find that weird, American sterotype of a redneck, pick-up trucks and all.  Guess what car is off the side of the road most often?  Yes, you're in a pick-up, but that doesn't mean you're Mad Max!  For Pete's sake, put some sand in the bed and drive like you've a lick of sense!

😆 hehehe, why is it that after a certain age, all drivers (besides yourself) are totally insane?

Anthracite_Impreza
1 minute ago, Dark-Sensei said:

these stupid cars

Ahem.

Maurice Gatsonides (give you one guess what he invented) 

Datsuns 

Middle Lane Owners Club members, as well as their far newer and nastier siblings, the Outside Lane Owners Club who sit in Lane three or four oblivious to a taxi on a mission closing fast 

That having bumper mounted rockets to deal with the above is illegal 😋😋

Poor road maintenance, we had an incident here last week which resulted in 22 vehicles on a fast dual carriageway being stranded with blown tyres because of a damaged road surface. It was lucky no motorcyclist hit the hole, and no driver lost control 

That 150mph is illegal (as well as being fun) 

Speed humps which just wear out track rod ends

Cyclists and pedestrians who don't want to be seen 

Those morons who said that day running lights should only be fitted to the front. The number of vehicles you (don't) see running at night with no tail lights illuminated is ridiculous 

People being way bigger bastards to learner drivers or just anyone with the sign at the back of the car, whose very meaning is for people to be more mindful of them. 

Also. If you use a TRUCK, you don't drive 3m behind me at 80km/h (I did mention learning, okay?!). It's not irritating, it's dangerous. 

9 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Ahem.

Oooh, someone is taking this personally~

Anthracite_Impreza
4 minutes ago, PoeciMeta said:

Oooh, someone is taking this personally~

They're bullying my make, Poeci 😢

People who don't use their low beams when driving on a busy road at night 

When people speed on curvy roads

when people turn too tightly on curvy roads and end up on the other side of the road (there are some really small roads back home and this can be really annoying/dangerous especially at night)

When people don't check their mirrors when backing up

7 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

They're bullying my make, Poeci 😢

Shh, shh, they're just irritated at the driver, that's all~

There even was some praise in it, too~

30 minutes ago, Eutierria said:

More 'terrified of ending up hurting them' than 'angered by' - pedestrians wearing dark clothes crossing the road in the dark when vehicles have right of way - not always easy to see them. 

Once I drove at night and change the lanes while pedestrian on poorly lit street decided to cross the road in dark clothes...  I heard sound of the buttons (his coat was unbuttoned!) hitting my mirror. Scared both of us!!! I think next time he would be more cautious!!!

39 minutes ago, Eutierria said:

Also terrified of people who see you coming and walk across the road anyway. 

Sorry, no offence, but I always laugh at drivers who stops in terror and let people cross... like pedestrians have no idea how to cross the street and want to be killed!

I have no problem of you driving 5 inches (12 centimeters) from me. 8)

that I don't have RCS thrusters, VTOL capability, the crew compartment isn't sealed against vacuum, and can't find a Mr Fusion mod kit for the life of me online.

oh, and no ball turret.

1 hour ago, Una Salus Victus said:

People who can't use roundabouts. I've almost driven out in front of people on a roundabout because they decided not to indicate until the last minute. I've also had people cut me off even having clearly indicated. Not to mention those few who seem to get lost while using them.

1 hour ago, HelloSnakeEyes said:

Bright lights at night. I can't stand being blinded, I have sensitive eyes anyway and it just makes my eyes hurt. 

48 minutes ago, PoeciMeta said:

If you use a TRUCK, you don't drive 3m behind me at 80km/h

50 minutes ago, Skycaptain said:

Poor road maintenance,

Almost everything posted on here but especially what I quoted above!

• I spent just short of £800 a week ago because of pothole damage!! Grrr!! Almost always because I can't avoid them at all.
  • Tailgaters
  • Those bl**dy white headlights on cars. How is that even legal! They are soooo sharp you end up seeing stars for a while when a car with them is coming towards you at night. I bet in part it's the contrast but I've heard from a lot of people they find them irritating to dangerous. My eyes are specifically sensitive as well, which doesn't help. Especially on big 4x4s they shine right in my rear view mirror and side mirrors at the same time.
  • people not knowing when/how to indicate, especially at roundabouts. Then they're angry you misinterpret what they're about to do and you end up accidentially cutting them off.

I think I'll stop now... there's so much! 🙂 I'm sure I'm not the perfect driver but at least I do my best. Others just can't be bothered taking account of others or even being polite it seeems.

7 minutes ago, gisiebob said:

that I don't have RCS thrusters, VTOL capability, the crew compartment isn't sealed against vacuum, and can't find a Mr Fusion mod kit for the life of me online.

oh, and no ball turret.

None of this means anything to me! 🤣

1 hour ago, Dark-Sensei said:

n Anchorage, there's a weirdly high percentage of women drivers who have subarus.

When I was young, you almost didn't see anything else in Switzerland. Great for winter driving apparently. They didn't look particularly flash either and it makes me chuckle when some young 'un  is raving about subaru.

Tailgating just means that the person in front is either going too slowly or not moving over😋😋

Drivers who seems driving properly while having a drive test then stop following the rules after driver test was done! :mad:

7 minutes ago, Skycaptain said:

Tailgating just means that the person in front is either going too slowly or not moving over😋😋

...or having a "great day" and driving on cruise control! :lol:

1 hour ago, GatsbyGirl said:

People who dont indicate.

First thing that came to my mind.

Drivers (of cars, bikes, buses, lorries, whatever) who are reckless and impatient. People should be more patient in traffic. You're not going to get there faster anyway so stop risking the lives of other people (and your own).
People who think that a speed limit of 100 km/h means you cannot drive slower than 100 (and I don't mean 50 km/h, I'm not stupid).
People who don't form a corridor for emergency vehicles in traffic jams. It's not like you have anything else to do.

Cyclists who drive past a fellow cyclist at a red light because they think they're faster when they're not.

People parking on bike lanes. People smashing their glass bottles on bike lanes.

People hating on cyclists or car drivers. Some people are idiots. Don't blame the vehicles, blame the people.

7 minutes ago, Skycaptain said:

Not if you're doing the maximum speed for the single carriage road you're travelling on and there's lots of traffic coming towards you. I noticed one incident where one of those idiots was able to overtake with the skin of his teeth and then threw an empty soft drinks bottle at the windscreen of the car he overtook. Even if someone's going too slow it's not justifiable. It's too dangerous. And I mean the tailgating where the car behind you looks more like your trailer than a separate car.

1 minute ago, Ennis said:

Drivers (of cars, bikes, buses, lorries, whatever) who are reckless and impatient

They may be reckless but not 'wreckless' for long I think 🤣

People who have their brights on in broad day light, people who cant turn their brights off when appropriate.

People who cant turn on their lights when the weather is gloomy and nobody can spot the silver car coming cause its blending in. 

Pot Holes

1 hour ago, Eutierria said:

Have also been in a situation where a car indicated left but went right and then did the same for following roundabouts...irresponsible drivers are definitely out there. 

Once I indicated turning right and did a little swirl to the left before my turn because the side street was at sharp angle and… and… the young driver behind me thought I was turning left EVEN MY INDICATOR WAS SHOWING RIGHT and decided to take me over on the right side………. Bumper damage!

2 minutes ago, GatsbyGirl said:

People who cant turn on their lights when the weather is gloomy and nobody can spot the silver car coming cause its blending in. 

Yes. Every time there is fog around here I come across at least someone who can't be bothered turning on their lights, let alone their fog lights.

Anthracite_Impreza
27 minutes ago, Acing It said:

They didn't look particularly flash either and it makes me chuckle when some young 'un  is raving about subaru.

They do if you do it properly.

Spoiler

9636921.jpg?width=640&height=427

Archived