Research Request: Online Dating Experiences

henshin

Hi all, we've received the following research request from AVEN user Tim:

My name is Tim and I am an ace who has experienced some of the added complexities of dating and relationships as an asexual. I am launching an independent survey to gain an understanding of asexuals’ experience and preferences towards dating and relationships. The results of the survey will potentially be used to develop a tool for aces who are interested in dating and seeking relationships.

The survey asks participants about their relationship status, relationship interest, previous dating experience, and preferences when considering someone as a potential romantic partner. There are a few questions about gender identity and sexual and romantic orientation in order to
identify any demographic trends.

While, the questions are all yes/no and multiple choice, several have an option for “other” to allow participants to enter additional information that may
not have been listed among the choices.

The survey generally takes about 10 minutes.

In order to protect the privacy and safety of participants, no personal information is collected, all answers are anonymous, and no comments are allowed directly on the site. Should you need to contact me for any reason, I can be reached via email at aceinohio7@gmail.com

If at any time you feel distressed, please consider the following resource:
https://www.thetrevorproject.org/get-help-now/

If you wish to take the survey, here is the link.

A summary of the survey results will be made available after the survey closes on February 28, 2020.

This study has been approved by the Research Approval Board. 

• 2 weeks later...

Took part in 🙂

Archived