I just can't cope anymore with the *online writted* need of love of others

TaintedSorrow

TaintedSorrow

As the tittle says, I don't know any other way to describe it. I just can't anymore keep it up when partners/love-interest/etc starts writting things like "oh, I miss sleeping with u" "I miss hugging you" or whatever. And this only happens to me when it's writted online. It's a cringgy-nauseating feeling that brings me ansiety and keeps me crying anytime it happens. Tho I don't have -nowadays- problems with hugging or even kissing irl (thanks to effort, time and patience). I don't know what to do anymore, 'cause when it starts this thing, I feel the urge to hide break connections with everyone even tho I know I really appreciate and love them when the 'episode' finishes. 

Has anyone ever felt the same way?

It looks like you may be averse or maybe burned out of relationship things. I had this a lot before but not as strong as you.

The constant reminder of other people's happiness in relationships on social networks can be difficult to bear. I felt that a lot of people would write things that they don't really feel as strongly, just for show or as a habit. Like the "Hello *insert petname here*" would be a kind of "How do you do?" salutation.

It got better after understanding that I did not want their happiness but a different one.

Janus the Fox

Yeah it’s those social media conversations that really should just be kept between each other in a text or other private message service.  I’ve seen sexual RP that really should not be seen online.

But I don’t mind those messages between myself and the boyfriend, it’s only between us in the end.

AceMissBehaving

I’m not a fan of big public postings like that online, there is a lot of pressure when being called to reciprocally express feelings like that publicly in front of people. It’s perfectly acceptable to ask that thinks like that be kept for private correspondence between the two of you.

15 hours ago, TaintedSorrow said:

I feel the urge to hide break connections with everyone even tho I know I really appreciate and love them when the 'episode' finishes

I understand this feeling pretty well. Sometimes I get extremely burned out by online social interactions to the point where I feel the need to, as I call it “hermit” and avoid all social interactions for a while to recharge. I’ve been in one of those places for a while recently.

Archived