Ace and allo, opening our marriage

MunchThing

@MunchThing if you are at the beginning of this journey please make sure you do your homework first.  An open relationship takes lots and lots of communication.  It can be done but it takes work and understanding on everyone's part.  Clear boundaries need to be set, followed, and communicated on a regular basis.  Things need to be talked about such as what happens if you do catch feelings?  Do you have to end things with the new individual? Would you feel comfortable just ending something like that out of obligation? Is it something that could be negotiated?  Lots of things to consider. 

My suggestion is join a few online groups whether they are swingers,  kink, non-manogamy, manogsmish, or polyamorous.  Any of these will have resources that can help.

I can say from experience that if both of you are not on the same page things will go badly.  My best friend is currently the third and her partner and his girlfriend were not on the same page.   She wanted kink, booty call, no strings attached, and a constant rotation of partners.  He wanted Friends with Benefits along with lots of,  touch,  hugs,  cuddles.   He caught some feelings (mutual respect and deep friendship connection, not love) and this alone was too much for her.  Damaging rules have been put in place and the dynamics between them will have to be renegotiated.  

Again, communication is key.  Talk about what this will look like for both of you,  talk about the boundaries,  talk about what happens if you cannot keep the no feelings boundary (we cannot control our own feelings,  this ones personal experience). 

Archived