Cis-Female or Demi-Girl?

_geeky_guy_

I need help knowing what I identify as. I know I am not a boy, or non-binary. I was assigned female at birth. I am a girl, or at least partially. I also am completely happy with my body. If anything, I would like a bigger chest than my current chest that is almost flat. I honestly don't feel fully content with either Cis-Female nor Demi-girl, but those are the only ones that feel even partially right for me. I really don't know. If anyone is having/has the same issue as me, or has any information to help me, please reply.

oof same. i've been experimenting with considering myself to be agender. one thing i read that was helpful about being a demigirl it is an identity held by those who at least partially identify with femininity. the part of you that doesn't identify with femininity may identify as masculine, nonbinary, androgynous, gender neutral, neutrois, agender, etc., etc. (there are more gender identities than i could list but you get the idea). So, for me I currently kind of consider myself a demigirl agender person (maybe lol idk). to me that means that i like a lot of things that are seen as feminine- i enjoy presenting femininely in my own way which looks like basically a grandmother but im 21 so its a lil quirky. im also fine with she/her pronouns. However, i've never really felt like a woman. I don't like makeup (which i know doesn't make me not a woman), I fluctuate on my feelings towards my chest (im AFAB), and i never wear low cut tops because i don't like seeing my chest or other people seeing it. but i really don't identify with masculinity at all either. would never consider using he/him pronouns that feels odd to me. nonbinary to me feels like it's generally used to describe something that doesn't fall in the gender binary. For me i feel like i'm just completely unrelated to the concept of gender most of the time even tho much of what i do and how i present would be read as femme. shit ive just written myself into feeling very agender at the moment lol. i hope this helps

for me it's all complicated by being very asexual so i sometimes struggle to identify my hatred of my chest with either dysphoria or symptomatic of not liking a part of my body that's traditionally sexualized. its all made worse by big scars i have on my chest. i used to think that was why i didn't like it but now i dont really know

4 hours ago, _geeky_guy_ said:

I need help knowing what I identify as. I know I am not a boy, or non-binary. I was assigned female at birth. I am a girl, or at least partially. I also am completely happy with my body. If anything, I would like a bigger chest than my current chest that is almost flat. I honestly don't feel fully content with either Cis-Female nor Demi-girl, but those are the only ones that feel even partially right for me. I really don't know. If anyone is having/has the same issue as me, or has any information to help me, please reply.

What about just the word "female"? Look, you sound like a perfectly normal female to me. You don't sound like you have any problem with your body or being referred to as female either. It might be possible you are distressed by the labels themselves and are trying to box yourself into those words. It's something to take into consideration. Words only have as much power as you give them.

Is there something you want to change about your gender, as experienced physically or socially?

I tend to focus on that. If you don't want to change anything not sure what there is to worry about. :)

Archived