What's the worst thing a so called "friend" has ever said to you regarding your Asexual status?

6 minutes ago, Ciki said:

I don't get it.Why were you so upset?You should've been happy that the two of them were dating and happy.Isn't that what friendship is all about?

No, I didn't "have" to be happy for them. I felt like the only love I could give to him (platonic) wasn't good enough for him. I don't really understand why my own personal feelings are so confusing to you, they are just different than yours. 

10 minutes ago, Ciki said:

Also,i don't understand the whole 'she didn't even have the guts to tell me' part.Maybe she wasn't ready to tell you yet?And even if she was,why does she have to?It's not like she owns that to you.

She was full aware of everything that has happened between me and the guy before that, and was practically my wing-woman when I was dating the guy. I felt like if she was too afraid to tell me she was dating him then that might be a red flag? 

Once they started dating they didn't really give me the time of day. She wouldn't even make room for compromise, she just wanted to spend all her time with him. 

16 minutes ago, Ciki said:

Why does it matter if he cuddled with you while he was dating your other friend?

It was just cuddles,it's not like he was kissing you or something.

He and I cuddled before they started dating (which meant he stopped cuddling with me once they did).  Never in my life have I felt that comfortable with anyone, and it had taken years to get to that place with him. To have it all be taken away because they wanted to date really hurt. He only seemed to care about me when he wasn't in a relationship. Again, it was like I wasn't enough for him just because I couldn't offer a romantic relationship. 

18 minutes ago, Ciki said:

I'm sorry if i went off and seemed rude,but i really don't get what the big fuss is about.When i first started reading your comment i expected it to end with him talking behind your back or something,but this is just...wow.I'm speechless.

Sorry this is getting long, but I hope my responses have helped clarify what I was trying to say. I was sharing a personal and emotional story and your responses felt really dismissive of my feelings. The "big fuss" is just my feelings. I didn't realize I would have to defend them. 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, laLibby said:

Sorry this is getting long, but I hope my responses have helped clarify what I was trying to say. I was sharing a personal and emotional story and your responses felt really dismissive of my feelings. The "big fuss" is just my feelings. I didn't realize I would have to defend them. 

It's fine,i understand that they are your feelings.Sorry if i came off as dismissive,i wasn't trying to😞

Anyway,as you stated before,our experiences and feelings are different so that might be why it's so confusing to me.

Well,the important thing is that you moved on (i hope).

I've been told by many people that I just haven't had good sex yet when I told them I don't like it and I just need to find someone who knows how to do it right, some people don't understand 😔

• Like 1
DarkStormyKnight

Several of my friends have asked me about my masturbation habits, or if I had sex with my ex, things like that. Which isn't directly related to my orientation sure, but they wouldn't ask me that if I wasn't asexual.

I accidentally came out to a friend who I thought already knew that I'm Asexual, and after explaining to them what Asexuality is, they said two things that confused and bothered me.
First, they said that they're thankful I didn't become an Incel (short for involuntary celibate, meaning a person who is not in a relationship nor has had sex in a significant amount of time despite numerous attempts.)
Second, after I said it's impossible for me to become an Incel since I don't want those things, they asked: "But what does your heart tell you?"

• Like 2