kidspot.com.au — Husband refuses sex with wife and wants an open marriage

Homer

When a couple gets married, they usually take that big leap when they are absolutely sure of their compatibility with each other. 

But what happens when the honeymoon period is over - or for various reasons there never was one because one person’s sexual needs are vastly different to their partner’s? 

One woman has admitted that things have gotten so bad in her bedroom that her husband has suggested they have an open marriage rather than end it - but not for the reason you would expect. 

January 17 — https://www.kidspot.com.au/news/my-husband-refuses-sex-with-me-wants-an-open-marriage/news-story/5c3ebfb3c5e415a3f2338513ec0429b1

Well, that's an unusually and yet comforting way that I now  know is an option in life. Didn't know it was so common.

Well, that's an unusually and yet comforting way that I now  know is an option in life. Didn't know it was so common.

To be fair, I don't think a handful of online anecdotes means that it's necessarily "common"

I think the majority of people that you try to propose an "open relationship" to (on the basis that you're not getting enough sex from them) will just kick you to the curb in response.

Much as it seems like a good idea, it often fails badly for mixed sexual / asexual couples. For many sexuals, sex and love are too tightly tied together and they end up falling for their seuxal partners. 

When it does work, its a good solution

abandoned-account
1 hour ago, uhtred said:

Much as it seems like a good idea, it often fails badly for mixed sexual / asexual couples. For many sexuals, sex and love are too tightly tied together and they end up falling for their seuxal partners. 

This is why I was never comfortable with the idea of being in an "open" relationship. If someone needs sex so much to be happy in life, then I think they're just much better off with someone else who wants it.

That being said though, I don't tell others how to live their lives. If such a thing is working out for you, then good on you.

Archived