Who allowed this to exist??

Eva Blue

Lord Jade Cross
20 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Yeah I've seen some pretty... interesting... things on that site. You'd be surprised how sexualised people could make Cars 😣

Rule 34

Lord Jade Cross
2 minutes ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

That's bizarre. I can't imagine many parents would buy those.

You'd be surprised

Lord Jade Cross
38 minutes ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

I guess if they do then they're responsible for whatever negative impact it has on their child (or children).

Couple of things I learned during my time as a teacher

1) Parents are st..*cough* obvlivious to most of the things they do for their kids. They buy them things that kids dont need, nor that would be considered appropiate only to turn and raise hell and blame anything else should something go awry

2) Parents will succumb to pressure, both from their kids and from other parents, who will deem them as "cruel" for not getting their kids that shinny $300 toy that just came out. (Ive been indirectly guilty of helping to get a kid toys as I work in retail so have the connections so to speak on when and where to get a product)

3) Now to take my glove off the parents face for a moment, a toy isnt going to have that gigantic of an impact on kids long term. I have seen many that just want it for the fad and quickly throw it away 6 months later. Really electronics are what stays the longer time around.

Anthracite_Impreza
16 minutes ago, Cocothecoconut said:

@Pan Ficto. (on hiatus?)I would watch this every single day when i’m in a weird mood. I hate to say it to you sweetie but i have no understanding of why you would ban your kids from watching poopsie slime videos. 

You're an adult, you can do whatever you want, but there's no denying this is at the very least sexualised in the clothing (and frankly it seems very fetishistic to me). Kids don't need this sort of culture to grow up in, it's dangerous for both their future wellbeing and present safety if it becomes normalised to dress small children in a sexualised manner (encouraged by "toys" such as these).

And, ya know, no need to condescend @Pan Ficto. (on hiatus?); they're doing what they feel is right for their kids.

@Jade Cross Oh, I definitely get that parents can be in denial that they have done anything wrong. People can be this way about other things in life, too; it just carries over into parenting as well. But as long as they're blaming other people or things, they will keep making mistakes and having to live with whatever the consequences are. It wouldn't be necessary to place any blame if they were being honest with themselves.

Custard Cream
2 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

Bingo

Kids will mostly likely learn and dance the song as well

Oh gods, yeah. 

Whore*of*Mensa

Are people seriously saying this is a threat to the morals and well-being of children? 😂

It's just very very silly. It's adults that sexualise things, not children, and nobody who has had children hasn't spent time talking about poop - specially when they're in that particular phase of development...Just stay calm, I'd say!! The kids are alright 😂

And why are people having a go at parents again? Over this? Such a fabulous demonstration on how parents get judged over the most trivial of issues. This isn't a moral issue it's just a toy!!! Either you're OK with glittery poops or you're not. Either way your kid's probably going to live to tell the tale. 

Whore*of*Mensa
1 hour ago, Jade Cross said:

1) Parents are st..*cough* obvlivious to most of the things they do for their kids. They buy them things that kids dont need, nor that would be considered appropiate only to turn and raise hell and blame anything else should something go awry

Teachers are *cough* generally oblivious to the extent of their own ignorance in terms of parenting, and how badly reasoned their judgements of parents actually are. They tend to be very simplistic. Teachers can also blame parents for the fact that they are bad at teaching and find a class of kids difficult to manage. 

4 hours ago, Cocothecoconut said:

F160-BF9-B-1-E2-C-4-C58-89-CD-BDB14-E5-DNow i might be gross and weird and not popular for this. But i absolutely love poopsie slime surprise(because i love toilet humors

Would this be $2,500 for the Louis Poopton?

Lord Jade Cross
20 minutes ago, Whore*of*Mensa said:

Teachers are *cough* generally oblivious to the extent of their own ignorance in terms of parenting, and how badly reasoned their judgements of parents actually are. They tend to be very simplistic. Teachers can also blame parents for the fact that they are bad at teaching and find a class of kids difficult to manage. 

When you genuinely talk to a parent that youre concerned for their kids  and the response the parent makes is an overly dramatisized "Omg, I dont know, theyre a good kid" even though they are exhibiting troubling behavior or you repeatedly try to find ways to help the kid, and the parents dont budge;  to then come at the end of the year and threaten with sueing because their kid is failing the course, yea, hard to think that parents are even bothering.

Also my groups were always the best behaved to the point where the schools principal would look in awe and sometimes state that  I needed to loosen up a bit as it was causing other teachers to feel inadequate because they couldnt control their own groups.

Im not saying that managing kids is/should be easy; had to deal with alot of things but my kids learned to respect me just as I learned to level with them as a teacher. I could be the fun teacher but they knew that when it was down to business, they needed to behave, which is more than I can say for their parents. There are things that I just cannot let slide

16 minutes ago, Whore*of*Mensa said:

Teachers and parents are both human beings and all human beings can be wrong sometimes.

Lord Jade Cross
6 minutes ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

Teachers and parents are both human beings and all human beings can be wrong sometimes.

Im not saying parents should be perfect. What Im saying is that many dont even try and teachers often have to play the role of parent when the biological ones are shinning for their absense and interest. 

One wonders if the creators knew this piece of Cockney Rhyming Slang 

Pony = pony and trap = crap 💩 💩 

1 hour ago, Whore*of*Mensa said:

Are people seriously saying this is a threat to the morals and well-being of children? 😂

It's just very very silly. It's adults that sexualise things, not children, and nobody who has had children hasn't spent time talking about poop - specially when they're in that particular phase of development...Just stay calm, I'd say!! The kids are alright 😂

And why are people having a go at parents again? Over this? Such a fabulous demonstration on how parents get judged over the most trivial of issues. This isn't a moral issue it's just a toy!!! Either you're OK with glittery poops or you're not. Either way your kid's probably going to live to tell the tale. 

I couldn’t say it any better. 💯👍👍

People are so cringe sometimes. 

2 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

You're an adult, you can do whatever you want, but there's no denying this is at the very least sexualised in the clothing (and frankly it seems very fetishistic to me). Kids don't need this sort of culture to grow up in, it's dangerous for both their future wellbeing and present safety if it becomes normalised to dress small children in a sexualised manner (encouraged by "toys" such as these).

And, ya know, no need to condescend @Pan Ficto. (on hiatus?); they're doing what they feel is right for their kids.

I’m not trying to be ignorant but this is so cringe. It’s just toys it’s someone like you who sexualize kids toys. Children wouldn’t understand such things and it wouldn’t be affecting them. When i was a young teenager i’ve read and seen many books, movies and series about sex, romanticism, sexual jokes and lightly dressed teenage girls who thinks they’re adults but aren’t. Has it affected my lifestyle? No cause i’m not interested in that stuff and have my own life. Some have seen such things when they were younger but found out that they are asexuals later in their lifes. 

I hate such lines cause not all kids and teenagers wanna live that way.

@Jade Cross I think I'm actually done with serious online interactions with people where there is a clear misunderstanding and there could potentially be disagreement because I've noticed that it generally doesn't lead anywhere productive and people seem to seek out conflict on the internet because they enjoy winding themselves up. Not saying that you do this because I don't know what you do but I'm going to just say that that wasn't me trying to target you or @Whore*of*Mensa or anyone. I was just trying to say that everyone makes mistakes and it's not that one group is more correct than the other.

Whore*of*Mensa
1 hour ago, Jade Cross said:

When you genuinely talk to a parent that youre concerned for their kids  and the response the parent makes is an overly dramatisized "Omg, I dont know, theyre a good kid" even though they are exhibiting troubling behavior or you repeatedly try to find ways to help the kid, and the parents dont budge;  to then come at the end of the year and threaten with sueing because their kid is failing the course, yea, hard to think that parents are even bothering.

Also my groups were always the best behaved to the point where the schools principal would look in awe and sometimes state that  I needed to loosen up a bit as it was causing other teachers to feel inadequate because they couldnt control their own groups.

Im not saying that managing kids is/should be easy; had to deal with alot of things but my kids learned to respect me just as I learned to level with them as a teacher. I could be the fun teacher but they knew that when it was down to business, they needed to behave, which is more than I can say for their parents. There are things that I just cannot let slide

I think it's probably best not to make sweeping generalisations. Everyone does their best, parents included. I'm sure teachers do too. I can't really comment on specific cases and I'm not going to raise examples of bad teachers - but I have met some. I've met bad parents too, I guess. Often when people are being judgemental you do find that they are covering up their own shortcomings (not saying you are at all, it's just an observation)

Whore*of*Mensa
1 hour ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

Very true.

@Whore*of*Mensa @Cocothecoconut

I'm not saying that it'll ruining the state of children's mental health (I just thought this was so ridiculous I should share how weird it looks) but, consider child beauty pageants i think.

These children THEMSELVES are not trying to be sexual, but the adults in their lives are showing them that they cannot be beautiful if they don't win a tin crown, or if they don't pancake their skin in layers of makeup, or use temporary facelifts (with needles) or, do sexualized dance routines in skimpy outfits for a panel of adults that destroys any self worth they've fostered if they let down mommy. 

Children's formative years aren't the be all end all, but I've done enough early childhood psychology to understand that role models, play and toys decide on what a child thinks is healthy/normal/socially acceptable...and I dunno if filling your face with botox for the approval of others or thinking that shitting yourself is cool is necessary a good message to impart on our youths.

I'm not comfortable policing how others dress, but some adults ARE slimy and WILL be looking at kids in gross ways, so I PERSONALLY (my opinion, don't get it twisted) think toys that encourage sexualized dress in people under adolescence is just priming them for harrassment.

This was all just supposed to be funny and I don't appreciate the tone you've used to others on this thread. There, I've given my opinion, others have give theirs and you've given yours. I actually liked hearing your sides of it, but accusing teachers (as a group) of being ignorant or saying "someone like you" just for giving their opinion is just being needlessly confrontational. 

@Yeast yeahh, lol. I'm from a small fishing town, so I learned how to gut a fish at 5, so I kinda know the feel. You're used to what you grow up with...and I wonder if growing up with shitting toys is something kids should be used to 😂😅

17 minutes ago, Whore*of*Mensa said:

Everyone does their best, parents included. I'm sure teachers do too.

I think this is accurate because you never know what someone else is struggling with that makes them the way they are. We all have lessons to learn in life.

Whore*of*Mensa

@Eva Blue Sorry if you didn't like my tone, but it was parents as a group who were accused of being ignorant, and I will always react to that as a parent. I wasn't being particularly serious myself.

We do live in a messed up society - but to blame parents for this is overestimating our power - whether we buy a toy or don't buy a toy is a drop in the ocean in reality! Most parents aren't getting botox or taking their kids to beauty pageants, and that's not really relevant to this particular toy. I've got plenty of thoughts re sexualisation, but I'll keep them to myself - again, not particularly relevant anyway..

@Whore*of*Mensa Thank you for the apology. That's kinder then many people I've interacted with.

To clarify, with the pageants I was more or less trying to convey how ideas surrounding children shape their minds and body image, and pageants are a great example. I was likening it, because I found the commercial to sexualize what in essence is a child-shaped body, and while funny, made me feel the same unease as those little pageant girls idolizing tiny swimsuits and twerking for crowds of adults. It feels sinister, since they don't understand that its seen as sexual, while adults do (both the toys and the pageants).

Though I agree, you're right. Generalizing parents isn't good and they're doing the best they can under the circumstances. :^)

Lord Jade Cross
1 hour ago, Whore*of*Mensa said:

I think it's probably best not to make sweeping generalisations. Everyone does their best, parents included. I'm sure teachers do too. I can't really comment on specific cases and I'm not going to raise examples of bad teachers - but I have met some. I've met bad parents too, I guess. Often when people are being judgemental you do find that they are covering up their own shortcomings (not saying you are at all, it's just an observation)

Im not defending that all teachers are good. I apologize that my wording was not the best.

Whore*of*Mensa
48 minutes ago, Eva Blue said:

It feels sinister, since they don't understand that its seen as sexual, while adults do (both the toys and the pageants).

I definitely know what you mean. I remember when my daughter was little, hating high heel dress-up shoes for little girls and make up too..The problem is, when you show the child your horror at these things, then you can make them feel ashamed - but you're projecting your own feelings onto them. They're just copying adults, there is nothing sexual within them at all - they're having fun. So, it's a difficult balance between letting them pretend to be a grown-up, hiding your own discomfort that it can make them appear to be sexual, and not encouraging it...

Pageants are another thing, we actually don't have those in the UK but I watched a programme on them once and they are CREEPY! Definitely very sinister. 

Whore*of*Mensa
5 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

Im not defending that all teachers are good. I apologize that my wording was not the best.

No problem, my wording wasn't good either!

Archived