Who allowed this to exist??

Eva Blue

9 hours ago, Pan Ficto. (on hiatus?) said:

I mean, the fact that it's a parody of "my humps" should be a first indication, one would think?? :o

It's definitely an indicator that I didn't know the correct title of that song until now. Thank you, Chazz Michael Michaels. <_<

Whore*of*Mensa
17 hours ago, Pan Ficto. (on hiatus?) said:

I mean, the fact that it's a parody of "my humps" should be a first indication, one would think?? :o

Well, I do remember that song when it first came out - my daughter didn't have access to internet but she certainly knew the song! That and that Kesha one - Tik tok. All the 7 year old girls at her school used to dance to these in a very suggestive way. At the time, I reacted probably the way you react to this - I was horrified. But my viewpoint has shifted a little since then. 

I just looked up 'My humps' on Youtube and nearly all of the comments are along the lines of 'omg why did my parents let me sing and dance to this as a 6 year old??!'

Very recently, a friend with 5 and 7 year old kids was laughing about that song Sexual ('Just say you feel the way that I feel, I'm feeling sexual, so we should be sexual') coming on the radio and all the kids singing it and giggling and doing 'sexy' dancing.

Kids being oblivious to sexual undertones is not new. Most adults just ignore this stuff because the more outraged you get the more they're going to do it. Also,  you can't explain these things to kids, because you're imposing an adult viewpoint that isn't there in their minds (and shouldn't be there).  Here in the UK, kid's pantomime shows are full of innuendo that kids don't get, but adults do - it's just something adults do to entertain themselves. I'm not saying it's right but it's the world we are in, and they're going to have to deal with it sooner or later.

I don't think that keeping kids away from this stuff protects them. And that's because I've seen how these things develop as they grow into teenagers. 

(there are SO many more dangers as they grow, but I try not to talk about this with people with younger kids because I think you just have to deal with one stage of parenting before you can start worrying about the next  😂) - I think you'll probably end up like me, just trying to get them to be honest with you because that's really the best way to keep them safe. And I'm NOT saying you should let them do what they want on Youtube either, I can see why it's a massive problem. Hopefully you can see the point I'm trying to make..

As you say, we are pretty much on the same page. 

Edit - I probably haven't got my point across at all, what I am trying to say in a roundabout way is that everything kids do is essentially innocent and harmless. They can't make themselves a target by wearing skimpy clothes or behaving in a particular way. To say they can is encouraging rape culture and perpetuating the attitudes that cause the problem in the first place. 

More commericalised cr*p for corporates to get more money out of people and at the same time disturbing. (How do they do those safety pins up for hooves for hands I wonder)

Whore*of*Mensa

I'm sorry - this is way off topic - but I just wanted to share this in case anyone would find it useful. It's a psychologist on how to protect children from abuse. I just learnt something quite shocking from the video, actually. 

https://ninaburrowes.com/sexual-abuse-the-questions-youve-never-had-the-chance-to-ask/

I can only imagine the embarrassment the voice actors for this video must have been in. 

On 1/17/2020 at 12:10 AM, Eva Blue said:

And finally, how do I cope with the knowledge that these exist?

You laugh at the degeneracy of our modern culture. It's pretty entertaining if you think about it. Like watching a car accident.

Little children think poop and other stuff like that hilarious. Mostly because of adults' reactions towards it. We make it a big deal so they do. This just continues the cycle.

Me. I allowed it to exist cause i am trying to dominate the world by driving y'all crazy.

Archived