I made a poster for Aro Week

AllTimeBubble

AllTimeBubble

I am aware that aromantic awareness week is next month (I believe 17th-23rd Feb) so I decided to do what I did for asexual awareness week and make some informational posters for my friend and I to put up around my university! 

I want these to be as accurate as they can be so I would appreciate any feedback on how I can make this one better. 

kdYmyEt.jpg

Custard Cream
Just now, AllTimeBubble said:

I am aware that aromantic awareness week is next month (I believe 17th-23rd Feb) so I decided to do what I did for asexual awareness week and make some informational posters for my friend and I to put up around my university! 

I want these to be as accurate as they can be so I would appreciate any feedback on how I can make this one better. 

kdYmyEt.jpg

Good work, Bubble!

AllTimeBubble
Just now, Custard Cream said:

Good work, Bubble!

Thank you! 🥰

Ok, this is totally awesome. I don't suppose you could send me the file for it, and we could share it on our AVEN social media during Aro Week??

6 hours ago, AllTimeBubble said:

kdYmyEt.jpg

This looks great! There's nothing I would think to change. I think it looks very nice and clean and is easy to read and covers the information simply and concisely 10/10 :)

letusdeleteouraccounts

I wouldn’t call aromantics demiromantic or greyromantic because they’re not the same thing. Aromantics are people who don’t experience romantic attraction or you could say, have no desire towards people for romantic relationships.

Grey-romantic is an umbrella term for people who experience romantic attraction but in a way that can cause them to relate very well to aromantics. Under this umbrella includes demi-romantic, fray-romantic, lith-romantic, and recipro-romantic.

I put the dashes because grey-sexual itself is a sub label for other sexualities rather than being its own sexuality. Example: a grey-heterosexual is a person who is sexually attracted to their opposite gender but in a way or frequency that can relate them to aromanticism.

LegolasAroAce

That's really cool! People know so little about Aromanticism that bringing awareness to your campus is a great idea. I liked the info in it too. Now I'm thinking about how I can spread awareness. :)

AllTimeBubble
20 hours ago, kelico said:

Ok, this is totally awesome. I don't suppose you could send me the file for it, and we could share it on our AVEN social media during Aro Week??

Of course I can that would be amazing! Is there an email I can send the file to? Or would it work sending it here on private messages?

AllTimeBubble
3 hours ago, LegolasAroAce said:

That's really cool! People know so little about Aromanticism that bringing awareness to your campus is a great idea. I liked the info in it too. Now I'm thinking about how I can spread awareness. :)

Thank you 😊

Nice!

It's very good: short, quick info--that shouldn't bore anyone by being too long to read--and colorful, using the aromantic flag's colors (which should be successful in attracting other's attention, encouraging them to read it).

3 hours ago, AllTimeBubble said:

Of course I can that would be amazing! Is there an email I can send the file to? Or would it work sending it here on private messages?

Just feel free to PM me. : ) If you can upload it to an image uploading place and link it to me, that'd be great! (Oh and of course you would get credit for it when it's shared.)

AllTimeBubble
15 hours ago, kelico said:

Just feel free to PM me. : ) If you can upload it to an image uploading place and link it to me, that'd be great! (Oh and of course you would get credit for it when it's shared.)

Sure, I'll go ahead and do that thank you 😁

This is excellent! I like the color scheme and the layout. There's just one thing I'd change:

Aromanticism is a romantic orientation, It is different from sexuality and doesn't always coincide with it! --> Aromanticism is a romantic orientation; it is different from sexuality and doesn't always coincide with it!

P. S. Your poster inspired me to do the poster thing for aro/ace weeks at my university (which does NOT mean copying anyone else's posters).

AllTimeBubble
13 hours ago, cAROlyn said:

This is excellent! I like the color scheme and the layout. There's just one thing I'd change:

Aromanticism is a romantic orientation, It is different from sexuality and doesn't always coincide with it! --> Aromanticism is a romantic orientation; it is different from sexuality and doesn't always coincide with it!

P. S. Your poster inspired me to do the poster thing for aro/ace weeks at my university (which does NOT mean copying anyone else's posters).

Thank you, I'm always weird with semi colons aha and awh that's amazing I'm glad :D Lets spread awareness across both our unis!!

• 5 weeks later...
AllTimeBubble

UPDATE: Ten of these posters are now printed and up around campus at my uni!

Archived