vice.com — Are You Getting Any? I Only Have Sex Because I'm Good at It

Homer

MOYO, 21
Quality of sex overall: 7.5/10
Frequency of sex: 7/10
Intimacy levels: 7/10
How do you feel generally about the people you fuck: 7/10
How happy are you with the amount of time you have for sex: 2/10

Jan 14, 2020 — https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/jge893/asexuals-enjoyment-sex-are-you-getting-any

everywhere and nowhere

This is just dumb:

The thing is, its healthy and good sex is healthy too. Being asexual, I don’t need to do those things but then they’re good for you, so I have to remind myself that I need to orgasm and masturbate.

No, pleasuring oneself if one has no real interest in it is certainly not "good for you".

I identify as bi-romantic, so I fall in love, and if I love or like you, I would want to have sex with you.

Yeah huh.  Totally ace. :rolleyes:

Edited in a sarcasm smiley because I'm sure some people would think I'm being serious otherwise

• 2 weeks later...
Phantasmal Fingers

I think Moyo is highly intelligent and really interesting. 

She self identifies as ace but says she shouldn't be having sex because the energy feels wrong. She doesn't like one night stands - or casual sex in general the way I read her - but is willing to have sex with friends because she has an emotional connection with them, i. e. because the sex is meaningful on an emotional level and not just casual. 

She comes across to me as a demi who lives in a highly sexualised culture at an age (21) at which it is expected you will have as much casual sex as possible if you are single. She has the sexual encounters she does not because she sees them as relationships (she has relationships - at the emotional level - with her friends) but because she has not yet fallen in love with someone who evokes sexual and emotional desire all at once, i. e. she hasn't yet met 'the one'. Once this does happen she will stop having sex with friends because at that point she will see the sexual compromise she is currently prepared to make on their behalf as second best and not as fulfilling as sex with 'the one' she has fallen in love with. 

So to me she is a demi who is looking for 'the one' and trying to see how close she can get to knowing how it would feel to be in love with 'the one' - and have sex with him - by experimenting with friends. How close can she get?

In this respect she's like a more self aware version of Bridget Jones. She's not at 'the edge of reason', she's at the edge of love. 

Far-left outlets like Vice want to promote the idea that everyone should fuck like rabbits, including asexuals. I think it's incredibly damaging, especially for young asexuals who might read that article and feel pressured to enter into sexual relationships that they don't want as a result.

Archived