When is it more than friendship

Abigail Rose

I am curious about other demisexuals criteria for dating. Can anyone reading this describe their perception of the little things that spark the feelings of moving beyond friendship? I seem to have to see certain acts of kindness, patience and being open minded of course. I don't ever seem to realize that I'm developing feelings like that until they are right in my face. I keep feeling like new people, that come along and are interested in more than friendship from the start, do not understand me when i try to tell them what i need to experience before I feel that way. I feel like there is a way that I can't put into words just yet, that would help me explain this better and save others from feeling put off or rejected.

I am also wondering if anyone else feels like they are demi and sapio at the same time? I am drawn to intelligent people always and have never had feelings develop for someone that was not a long time friend at the same time either. If I am demi and sapio then is there a word to describe this?

Thanks, Silence4now

rejectionwarrior
On 1/16/2020 at 3:02 AM, Silence4now said:

I am curious about other demisexuals criteria for dating. Can anyone reading this describe their perception of the little things that spark the feelings of moving beyond friendship? I seem to have to see certain acts of kindness, patience and being open minded of course. I don't ever seem to realize that I'm developing feelings like that until they are right in my face. I keep feeling like new people, that come along and are interested in more than friendship from the start, do not understand me when i try to tell them what i need to experience before I feel that way. I feel like there is a way that I can't put into words just yet, that would help me explain this better and save others from feeling put off or rejected.

I am also wondering if anyone else feels like they are demi and sapio at the same time? I am drawn to intelligent people always and have never had feelings develop for someone that was not a long time friend at the same time either. If I am demi and sapio then is there a word to describe this?

Thanks, Silence4now

Hi there, I learned the terms sapiosexual, demisexual, and demiromantic about a week ago and can relate to being a bit of everything. I've read that sapiosexual isn't a real sexual orientation and I don't feel like a "true" sapiosexual either. I think I'm a demisexual / demiromantic with some tendencies of sapiosexual. Or maybe I'm just asexual / aromantic since we don't know for sure until we start developing feelings. I like having direct and honest conversations so happy to share my "dating" experiences.

Hey!

I made the term demisapioromantic to use for myself. It's a mouthful but it describes me the best, and I think it could apply to you too.

15 hours ago, pastelsun said:

Hey!

I made the term demisapioromantic to use for myself. It's a mouthful but it describes me the best, and I think it could apply to you too.

I like it but yes it is a tongue twister.  

Archived