Where’s my DnD players at?

Gwaeron

I need to come up with some good side quests so that my current batch of players can level up enough to actually stand a chance against the Big Bad I've got planned.

13 hours ago, Karst said:

I need to come up with some good side quests so that my current batch of players can level up enough to actually stand a chance against the Big Bad I've got planned.

Lots of options. 

A quest to get some object, whether its an obsidian mirror from the temple of T'roth deep in the jungle, or the the magical Hookah of the gods (at least the guards won't be very alert).

They can be hired as caravan guards, and battle sand sharks, giant scorpions, and find ruined cities half buried in the sand with troublesome djinn, or beautiful but long forgotten goddesses.

They can rescue the handsome, but completely incompetent young prince who has been captured by the evil countess who plans to force him to marry her. When they succeed, maybe the king will ask them to ask has his guards and they can try to keep him out of trouble. 

Random quest tables are also fun. You can put objective in the first table, location in the second, enemies types in the second and number of enemies in the third and then have the players roll and determine the quest. It’s like the endlessly regenerating quests in video games 😬

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

I'm a Dragonborn here.

An acidic black wizard Dragonborn. 

I used to be in a long campaign with an AVEN DnD group in a GMT timezone but the GM got too busy with their education so it ended early.

• 1 month later...
Discworld2020

Currently playing the Saltmarsh campaign as a water gensai barbarian with the smuggler background - might die in tonights game so any new character ideas would be welcomed!

Star Seeker

I've played a few sessions of dungeons and dragons! My group hasn't played in a while due to conflicting schedules, but I would love to find more groups to play with! I have a half-orc warlock who is trying to find her lost friend with the help of her God, although their intentions are usually not in her best interest. I also have an elf barbarian that I've played once, an air genasi bard, and a dwarf sorceress that I would love to try out!

DarkStormyKnight

After being told for ages that I'd like DnD a group of my friends started a campaign to entertain ourselves during quarantine! I'm a blue Dragonborn bard that's real gay and ace, it's pretty fun!

• 1 month later...
MaryPenelope

I have a weekly game with some people from my local game store and one of my really good friends. Currently I play Imesh, an aasimar cleric who belongs to a church part of the party is compelled to destroy. Before that, I played Nobody, a changeling sorcerer who the party primarily knew as a dwarf named Berg. They were trying to find their long lost sibling, who just so happened to be my friend's first character, though sadly he lost interest in that particular character and ended up bringing in a new one. Nobody tragically perished a few weeks ago in the astral plane, because somehow the party ended up there even though we were only, like, level 3 or 4. Thankfully we're level 5 and back on the material plane now, though apparently we're a bit displaced time-wise.

In a biweekly Exandrian campaign I play online with some of the same people and one dude we know who moved to the US, I play Mara Rolan - a human bard with a pet pseudo dragon named Grifon. Mara's my first human character, as well as the oldest character I've ever played - shes about 45, and an empty nester mom who left her wife and metamour at home to pursue her career as a bard, which was interrupted by her first child. Her wife is super supportive tho. 

I also belong to another group that's currently on hiatus due to the DM having a rough time lately, but I love my character in that campaign, so... His name is Glindoon Equieen, but everyone calls him Coop, and he's a gnome wizard. He has a giant floofy mastiff as his familiar, named Lord Farticus Whittington Equieen, or Fart for short (he foolishly allowed his siblings to name him). We're playing an Underdark campaign of some sort (I can't remember what it's called), and Coop is searching for a mysterious library he's been seeing in his dreams.

I'm also working on a campaign I call 'Quest of the Forgotten', where the basic premise is that the party wakes up in a small, barren room with no memories of each other or themselves - which requires some interesting character creation, as one of the aspects of the gameplay is the players trying to figure out their class and abilities as they go. I have the first dungeon pretty much ready to go, and the overall plot figured out, I'm just trying to get my friends to play it. Curse schedules and schools and things!

I really want to get into DnD. Just before everything that happened with Covid, I bought the DnD starters kit so I could play with my Anime group, especially since we all really wanted to learn, but since everything went down it's kinda hard to get the group back to learn.

I feel like I missed out on so much DnD it's pitiful lol

MaryPenelope
20 minutes ago, CallaWolf said:

I feel like I missed out on so much DnD it's pitiful lol

It's not the same as playing yourself, but shows like Critical Role and The Adventure Zone are great for getting dnd content when you don't personally have a game. Unfortunately, CR is on hiatus due to the pandemic, but TAZ is still going. CR also has one finished campaign, and TAZ has 2 (though the second is monster of the week, not DND)

I'm in two campaigns right now.

I play a half-elf druid in one and a halfling paladin in the other. She's a favorite of mine, as she has a snarky personality that's fun to play, she also is more neutral/chaotic good which is quite fun, and my DM decided that her eyes and hair glow, so it's fun to come up with solutions for that.

Other honorable mentions are her predictor a dwarven barbarian, which was my first character in over 2 years. And a human bard for a oneshot.

We've been using a mix of discord and zoom at the moment. 

My favourite character has been Finnan, the Storm Sorcerer who thought he was a Tempest Cleric. He came by his powers when he and his brother were swept overboard during a storm caused by a fight between powerful air and water elementals. While he was underwater, he prayed to Akadi for the safety of his family, and she did not care at all. However, when he and his brother were able to use their new sorcerous powers to make it home safely, Finn assumed that his prayer had been answered, and swore his service to Akadi (who still didn’t care) as thanks. So, he left his home to go serve (what he thinks is) Akadi’s will. Several years later, and his brother has developed his own power and has figured out what really happened, and is on a quest to bring his idiot brother home. 

My GM agreed to let me have cosmetic medium armour that has the AC of light armour, and a non-functional shield (inset with a crystal orb that was my focus) to help me look the part. He also agreed to let me have a home brewed metamagic which allowed me to spend sorcery points to transfer my own health to others in pseudo-healing. Because Finn was determined to do the cleric thing, but his magic wasn’t made for it. 

I was very careful about playing him as optimally as I could most of the time, so that no one would get pissed off when I spent my turn attempting to turn undead. 

Well, so that spending a turn trying to turn undead wouldn’t actually be a problem for the party. They didn’t know Finn wasn’t a cleric until his brother finally caught up to him. 

Right now I’m playing Helja, the former merchant. She is a Divine Soul sorcerer (bard is my favourite class, but I have character ideas for sorcerers) who is destined to be part of many great stories... as the merchant who has the thing the hero needs to complete their quest. Whether or not the hero can or wants to pay for it. She has been stolen from, tricked, enchanted, and threatened by so called heroes, and she’s had enough. Now, thrown into an adventure she hadn’t planned on, she’s going to make sure this heroing thing is done right, respectfully, and lawfully. 

She’s basically a reaction to all the players I’ve seen who mistreat NPCs the minute they stand in the way of something the player wants. Thankfully no one at my table is like that, so we can all chuckle about it. 

Finn was especially fun to play because, unlike your average sorcerer, he was a front line fighter (he thought that was his job) so I got to play around with a lot of spells I never would have taken normally. 

I've also been getting into Mothership, which is a sci-fi tabletop game.  I've been running a campaign with my dad and brother.  Their characters got stranded in the middle of nowhere after their ship went down, and the story so far has been them trying to get back to civilization.

Archived