Jump to content
AstroCat

How to be Masculine???

Recommended Posts

AstroCat

Hi im pretty young and still in school but i want to present more masculine, and it has been bothering me a lot recently. my parents are both religious, strict and homophobic and trans phobic and i am not out to them.  i really want to look more masculine but i really cant do any physicality changes to myself (i have tried binding, safely of course, so that helps a bit), and the hair is mostly the problem. i am thankful to have a supportive boyfriend and many friends (any my brother) but it is getting really painful not to look like a guy. any suggestions? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KrysLost

What if you had long hair but with an undercut? So when you tied it up it would look masculine.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PoeciMeta

Your parents won't let you cut your hair? :( I'm sorry they're not accepting. Maybe there's a chance you can convince them... be it by pointing at the many females with long hair... if you ask for a ''pixie cut'', they probably won't say anything transphobic... 

If you can't, that's really sad, but there are males who wear long hair too. I have family members who do, in fact. ''Masculine'' long hair is usually parted in the middle and kept back, sometimes tied in a low ponytail or bun, and not too well brushed so it looks a bit messy. 

As for clothes, layering, plain t-shirts and open jackets are your best friends. 

Remember, too, that not 'looking like your gender' (whatever that's supposed to mean) doesn't make you any less that gender. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AstroCat
2 hours ago, KrysLost said:

What if you had long hair but with an undercut? So when you tied it up it would look masculine.

i asked my mom if i could just my hair shorter (i have a long bob) and she said i could but lied. she later told my brother that she would never let me have short hair 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AstroCat
1 hour ago, PoeciMeta said:

Your parents won't let you cut your hair? :( I'm sorry they're not accepting. Maybe there's a chance you can convince them... be it by pointing at the many females with long hair... if you ask for a ''pixie cut'', they probably won't say anything transphobic... 

If you can't, that's really sad, but there are males who wear long hair too. I have family members who do, in fact. ''Masculine'' long hair is usually parted in the middle and kept back, sometimes tied in a low ponytail or bun, and not too well brushed so it looks a bit messy. 

As for clothes, layering, plain t-shirts and open jackets are your best friends. 

Remember, too, that not 'looking like your gender' (whatever that's supposed to mean) doesn't make you any less that gender. 

i asked for a pixie cut and they said no. i can not change them tho, my mom is very persistent. she doesn't want me to "look like a boy"

thank you for the idea im gonna try to use them 

i know its just how i feel and how i look to myself. but thank you :3

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AstroCat
30 minutes ago, Just Somebody said:

first off, hi fellow genderfluid person!!! second, thank you so much!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just Somebody
Just now, AstroCat said:

first off, hi fellow genderfluid person!!! second, thank you so much!!!

Yoo fella! No problem tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Unknown member

I’m not bragging or being ignorant cause i really feel sorry for you. My parents and most of my family members and close friends are very religious(including me), but they accept and support me 1000 procent for who i am. So i don’t have any problems about being myself around my parents and siblings. But i feel sorry for you that your parents won’t accept you for who you are. That’s why i hate homophobia and transphobia cause we and everyone else are equal in our own way, we live our lives and last but not least we should love each other and treat each other right.

You’re valid and have a boyfriend and friends who support you. Remember that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...