Returning to AVEN after a bajillion years!!

Southpaw

Helloooo!! My name is Southie (they/her) and I used to be super active here...what feels like forever ago! But is probably about 6 years or so. XD I was really involved in the ace community online and offline in NYC but when I moved to California it was more difficult to find aces willing to do meetups offline and I became more focused on my career path and less on ace activism, unfortunately. 

Anyway!! I’ve been curious to see what’s happening on AVEN these days so here I am!! What’s good everyone?? 

Blast from the past here.  I remember ya!  :cake:

In the time since I've gotten married to another AVENite and we both moved to Canada to live together.  Good times!

31 minutes ago, Southpaw said:

Anyway!! I’ve been curious to see what’s happening on AVEN these days so here I am!! What’s good everyone?? 

Well, more lefties have joined for sure, me being one of them.

22 minutes ago, Philip027 said:

Blast from the past here.  I remember ya!  :cake:

In the time since I've gotten married to another AVENite and we both moved to Canada to live together.  Good times!

I remember you too!!!! Omg no way!!! I looooove Canada you’re so lucky!!! And congrats that is beyond awesome!!! 🎉☺️ 

23 minutes ago, Jon A. said:

As they say- we’re the only ones in our right minds 😎

Ahh, yeah, I'm still in the waiting process of getting my permanent residency application accepted, but as of today I've been living here for exactly one year!

(Technically I'm not allowed to leave whichever country I'm residing in while the PR application is being processed, and my spouse did not want me stuck in Hawaii/US while that was happening, so... here I am instead.  My profile does still say Hawaii, doesn't it... I really should edit that damn thing one of these days)

5 hours ago, Philip027 said:

Hawaii,

Oh.. some change! Hawaii -> Canada

17 hours ago, Jon A. said:

16 hours ago, Southpaw said:

As they say- we’re the only ones in our right minds 😎

I guess I'm one of them. Time to open some (more) leftie-threads soon then!

Welcome! Oh there’s a tonne of new people on here’s, but when isn’t there? There was a really big boom around the time Bojack Horseman came out, due to it featuring a main character who was ace, and then for the next year we had bucket loads of people coming in.

chocolate-chocolate+cake.jpg

Archived