Hey People, Geeky Aro/Ace Newbie Here

LegolasAroAce

LegolasAroAce

Hey Everyone!

My name is Mae and I’m a 20-something Trekkie/ Lord of the rings fan. I realized that I was aromantic and asexual or grey-ace about two years ago. Growing up I had a lot of fake crushes, taking my social cues from tv and movies in a misguided attempt to seem “normal” (I have Asperger’a Syndrome). I also tried to force myself to date several times and HATED it. Realizing I was Aro/Ace was one of the best things to ever happen to me. Now I’d like to reach out and say hi! I don’t know any other aces, or aros for that matter. Random facts about me: I’m a vegetarian, a writer, and I love all animals but especially dogs. I’m also a huge fan of fiction and detective shows (Seriously, Murdoch Mysteries is my jam!)

So... yeah. That’s my story, and I look forward to talking to you guys! :)

AbandonedNugget

I'm relatively new, too (made this account a while back but was not active). Welcome {;u

Hi~ I’m new too so idk if I havethe right to post a cake but I found a really cool one.. I’m also a huuuge fan xD6a0120a5924ef0970b016765d73a29970b-pi

LegolasAroAce

Thanks so much for the welcome and the cakes! Seriously, they’re amazing. It means a lot to get to be part of a community after being the only Aro/Ace I’ve known of for so long. 

LegolasAroAce
16 hours ago, cAROlyn said:

Hi! I'm aroace and I have Asperger's also. Welcome to AVEN! (I chose this cake because it kind of looks like the aro flag.)

green-ombre-layer-cake-2.jpg

It reminds me of the aro flag too! Thanks for the welcome. :) It's really cool that there are other people with Aspergers here.

Archived