How to show ace/aro pride?

I feel like i want to show pride,even if i live in a very strict and coservative country.I'd like to have something to remind me that i'm not alone.That i'm not broken.

I don't care if others don't know what it stands for (even better that way,i don't want to get bullied and disowned).

I've already heared about the ace ring.I honestly think it's an awsome idea.But in case i'm not able to get one of those for myself,are there any other descreet ways of showing ace/aro pride?🤔

• Like 3

I've seen people wearing bracelets with the color schemes of various pride flags.  Nail polish is another discreet option- I once met someone who has painted her fingernails to look like a trans pride flag.

• Like 3

Hmm...maybe wearing the ace/aro Pride flags' colors (e.g. purple shirt, black trousers/jeans, jacket, shoes, etc.).

(tried to think of a subtle alternative to Pride buttons, small flags, etc., which would likely cause others to ask about them, what they mean, etc.)

• Like 2

I liked to keep an Ace of Spades or Ace of Hearts card around. The ace of hearts meaning romantic ace, but the ace of spades meaning aro/ace. People may ask about it, but it's just a card you can slip into your binder or have on different designs. And since the Ace of Spades is the most fancy card in the deck, I haven't had many people ask about it. Though I was also in high school and college at the time where quirky stuff was common. 

• Like 5

How about something like this? (I made this shirt, so don't expect to find it in a store. I just drew the logo on a plain white cotton t-shirt with fabric markers, and then I set the ink by putting the shirt in the dryer for 15 minutes on high.)

IMG-0301-1.jpg

For reference, here's the logo I stole:

IMG-0230-1.jpg

everywhere and nowhere
14 minutes ago, cAROlyn said:

and then I set the ink by putting the shirt in the dryer for 15 minutes on high.

What kind of dryer?

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Nowhere Girl said:

What kind of dryer?

This kind of dryer, if the picture is any help. I don't know what the model is called, but any dryer that you'd normally find in a house would work. Also maybe see the ironing instructions on the fabric marker package.

IMG-0302-1.jpg

everywhere and nowhere

We don't have it, we hang out our clothes to dry. In the winter - at home, and actually housing communities are more and more against drying clothes in balconies even in the summer.

Edit: at least I don't know anyone who has an electric clothes dryer. When I need something dry sooner, the only other option (at least in the winter) is putting it on the heater.

• Like 2

I have an ace pin I have on my pencil bag, which really only shows pride in class, but I'm pretty picky about my accessories. I'm sure there are others that I would like that could go on a jacket or something.

I also have a triangle pendant on a necklace that I consider to be an ace pride, although it'd probably help if it actually had something in the way of colors.

Oh, and I'm looking at ace colored cell phone cases, but that's about the extent of my ace pride collection that I can wear.

• Like 2
On 1/14/2020 at 12:03 AM, Iridium said:

Nail polish is another discreet option- I once met someone who has painted her fingernails to look like a trans pride flag.

Ooh! I do love nail polish. I might give that one a try 💅😊

I wear one of these. Only 1 person has ever asked me what it meant:

asexual-wristband-large.jpg?v=1557577228

• Like 3