Sexual or aesthetic attraction?

When I see someone I obviously can tell they're beautiful, right? But now I'm starting to wonder if I'm actually experiencing sexual attraction, I believe I'm asexual, but I'm still really questioning my sexuality, I also realised that I hate when things about me are not controlled / I don't know about them. So I'm really annoyed/stressed that I'm not aware of my sexuality.

I never experienced sexal attraction, but I can try to explin what aesthetic attraction is to me, It's like I'm looking at a landscape or a picture. I do know that it's beautiful and I like looking at it and admiring it, but I don't feel the urge to kiss it or to have sex with it. It's the same for people. Sometimes I see someone on the street and I think they are pretty. While looking at them I might even think that maybe we would get along pretty well (not in a romantic way, just as friends), but I never think about what they'd look like without their clothes on or what it would be like to kiss them.

• Like 1

For me aesthetic attraction or what is more fitting in my case aesthetic recognition is very relative. It usually involves comparisons  and judgements just like if I was looking at artworks in a museum. At no point do I want more than to look and make these kinds of judgements. I don't even really know if I understand what sexual attraction would feel like. 

When I experience aesthetic attraction to someone it just means I like looking at them, probably also like to watch them do something or interact with someone else (when applied to a character in a movie or something like that) but for me aesthetic attraction isn't connected to wanting to personally interact with them in any way, especially not sexually. 

I'm not 100% sure if I've experienced sexual attraction, but I'm over 90% sure I have so.. for me sexual attraction just means having enough of a desire or motivation to have sex with someone primarily because doing that with them in itself is worth it for you (rather than for other reasons like to make them happy). It just means that you want to have sex with someone just for the sake of having sex. I've only experienced this towards one person, and in a relatively limited or muted way, so I guess I'm maybe demi or grey-ace or something like that.

When it comes to aesthetic attraction, I can experience that at any time towards a total stranger that I just happen to find beautiful. But finding someone beautiful doesn't mean I'd want to have sex with them. I'd only want that with someone I was very close to and probably only if they brought up wanting it in the first place, otherwise it might not even cross my mind. And theoretically, I don't think I'd need to automatically find someone aesthetically attractive to want to have sex with them. 

Some sexual people do experience sexual attraction to strangers just because they're aesthetically attracted to them but for me they're things that can technically connect but are ultimately separate. 

If you find another person aesthetically pleasing and find yourself drawn to them, then it's probably sexual attraction of some kind. But being able to recognise someone as conventionally attractive I don't think is the same thing as being attracted

Yeah, it's a bit difficult for me to distingquish what emotions I'm actually feeling rather than faking them, because I'm kind of going through a little bit of an identity crisis and I don't really recognise myself, that's also why it's difficult for me to figure out my sexuality.

Anthracite_Impreza
2 hours ago, BeakLove said:

If you find another person entity aesthetically pleasing and find yourself drawn to them, then it's probably sexual attraction of some kind.

No, it's really not. I get very strong aesthetic attraction but I've never wanted sex with anyone, so there's no logic calling it sexual.

• Like 1