Hi I'm a Nervous Newbie!

Ingy <3

Hey everyone! I'm Aro/Ace and joined less than 15 mins ago.  I'm hoping to meet people I resonate with here, and finally find some acceptance in this crazy world!  I am 18, home schooled, Catholic, live at home with my parents, and work a fast food job.  I suffer from chronic depression and co-morbid anxiety. I'm really nervous about opening up on here, but heck, let's give it a shot!

I'd love to meet you all and have some real good Ace discussions.  Since I've had crushes in the past, it seems like people don't accept me as being Aro.  And since "everyone has a sex drive" and "I haven't met the one" I obviously can't be Ace.  I feel so much pressure to cave and start dating someone, but it just feels so untrue to myself.  

Anyway, rant over, I'm done and thanks for listening!

- Ingrid 

Hey, I'm Sy! Welcome to AVEN! I'm sorry you've experienced so much dismissal of your identity, but I say just keep being you! If you ever want to chat, just message me, I'm always up for it (unless I'm asleep lol)

And here's some cake to welcome you as well!

Image result for cake pretty nature themed"

~Sy💕

Hi, I'm a fellow newbie who joined yesterday. Yeah, invalidation sucks, but what I've learned is that for every idiot who's like that (whether they're asexual, aromantic, on either spectrum, or whatever), you've got 10 times more people who will treat you with the respect the deserve, which does a much better job of counteracting all the haters that simply saying "ignore them". Here's some cake from me too.

Becher-Mohnkuchen-4d39aedc58f0c.jpg?h=88

Archived