Jaden's Story

DJLostLevi

Hi, my name is Jaden, I am 24 years old and I knew I'm demisexual since I was 16. My 1st question was always, is demisexuality part of asexuality? While I consider it to be what it says it is, demi meaning half and sexual being sexual attraction, because of how Google describes it and how my friends and I have discussed it, yes, to some people it could be, correct me if I am wrong please. 

The definition of demisexuality I was given by Google was: "A demisexual is a person who does not experience sexual attraction unless they form a strong emotional connection with someone. It's more commonly seen in but by no means confined to romantic relationships." That is an exact fit for me. 

I have known I am transgender since my first encounter with disphoria when I was 12 years old. I was expecting for my puberty to hit me for years. My voice started dropping like I expected in typical male characteristics of a voice. I ran to my mom, I asked her why my voice was dropping because I thought I was a girl. She responded to me telling me I was born a boy but thats ok, I can still be a girl. I have two lesbian moms that I love very much, they have always been supportive and loving towards me. 

So, I was 16 years old, I was sitting in sex ed. I was being taught the male and female anatomy, I was very dissappointed in the moment that I had the male anatomy. Somebody brought up sexuality and how they don't find men attractive but she finds women attractive tho. Being in the liberal commonwealth of Massachusetts that I grew up in, they discussed homosexuality and what it means to be gay or lesbian in the lgbt community by their definitions and how stereotypes never apply. I then raised the question: I hear of boys liking girls and girls liking girls and so on, but I lack attraction unless there is a bond such as love. This brought up the love vs lust theories. I then discussed I have almost no attraction and the only attraction I have, the very little I have is only towards my partner once I have fallen for them. My teacher at the time is an asexual. She turned to me and said: lookup asexuality on the internet and I will print out some information for you. I found this site, I joined at 16 years old, I then left the site by deactivating my account at 20 years old. I usually never talked to anybody anyways

So, now it is the new year of 2020 and I am 24 years old, about to be 25 in June and I'm engaged, once I am married next year if it goes as planned I will be a stepmom to my spouse's son and she is also a transgender female. She is the best thing that happened to me. I moved 1,246 miles for her from the east coast to the midwest here in Wisconsin and I met her online on an app. I am still adjusting a month later to the hour difference, the different layout of the land, waking up here and not over there and being so far away from "home." My favorite way to think of it is home is where the heart is, not where you're from. So, my hometown is on the east coast but home will always be here with her because I love her so much. 

Thank you for reading/listening to my story, my name is Jaden. A little known fact is I chose to make my username my preferred first name, my favorite color and my birth year. If you like my story, I am always down to read replies, messages and would love to checkout some profiles and if you wanna checkout my profile, go ahead, I encourage it. To end this post I am going to write 2 truths and a lie just for an icebreaker.

I am right-handed

I have 2 jobs, a minister and Burger King

I am a musician

Which one's the lie?

Let me tell you that you are INCREDIBLY lucky that you had a teacher that was there to help you accept your demisexuality, let alone one who is asexual herself. I grew up in the ,80s and part of the '90s, and I wasn't taught ANYTHING about asexuality, or anything LGBTQA+, as it was mostly health-based. So hat's off to your teacher, whoever she is!saftiger-birnen-mohnkuchen-8-660x440.jpg

Archived