Hello from North Florida

Dawn1213

Just moved to Jacksonville area from the space coast of Florida. Lived in Florida most of my life.

New to AVEN as I'm working on a journey of self understanding.  Looking to maybe find people to relate to and talk to about anything really. 

I tend to isolate myself so it be cool as well to try and find local friends. 

I like to put out a conversation starter: who is your favorite band or artist and why? Tell me some of your favorite songs by them.

Hello Dawn1213!

Welcome to AVEN! As it's a tradition, I'd like to offer you some cake!

pexels-photo-1832457.jpeg?cs=srgb&dl=cak

I, too, discovered not too long ago that I am asexual. For me at least it was a big relieve to find out that there are other people out there who feel the same way and who understand me.

It's hard to answer who's my favorite artist, but I think it'll be Dame. He's an Austrian rapper so the chance of you knowing him is pretty slim ;D I really like his music because he tends to talk about problems in our society and wants to make people aware of them. A lot of German rappers like to just rap about how great they are and stupid others are, but he doesn't. Well he does say that he hates what others rap about and that he'd like to change the image of rap again.

I also really like Disney songs to be honest 😅 As you might have guessed I'm from Austria so when I was younger I always watched movies in german and that's why I just recently started to listen to the songs in english and I have to say they are waaaaay better than the german version!

So guess this is the music I listen most to. What about you?

Welcome! Oh boy favourite artist? I dunno, the genres vary so much that I can’t really contrast them. Rock and roll, the blues, pop, electro swing, and video game music to name a few :) 

csc_8469.jpg

literallylexi

Panic! At The Disco, Brendon's voice is amazing. Not sure about favorite songs, but I like the Ballad of Mona Lisa and the whole Death of a Bachelor album. I also like listening to Disney songs, musicals, and film scores. And the Undertale soundtrack is pretty great

9 hours ago, Black Husky said:

Hello Dawn1213!

Welcome to AVEN! As it's a tradition, I'd like to offer you some cake!

pexels-photo-1832457.jpeg?cs=srgb&dl=cak

I, too, discovered not too long ago that I am asexual. For me at least it was a big relieve to find out that there are other people out there who feel the same way and who understand me.

It's hard to answer who's my favorite artist, but I think it'll be Dame. He's an Austrian rapper so the chance of you knowing him is pretty slim ;D I really like his music because he tends to talk about problems in our society and wants to make people aware of them. A lot of German rappers like to just rap about how great they are and stupid others are, but he doesn't. Well he does say that he hates what others rap about and that he'd like to change the image of rap again.

I also really like Disney songs to be honest 😅 As you might have guessed I'm from Austria so when I was younger I always watched movies in german and that's why I just recently started to listen to the songs in english and I have to say they are waaaaay better than the german version!

So guess this is the music I listen most to. What about you?

Yeah no clue about Austrian rappers but he sounds unique. I like Macklemore for the same reason. He raps about equality and more common issues such as the big pharma issue here in the US. 

In general though my taste ranges from rap to alternative rock. Musicals such as Disney music are my jam too.

2 hours ago, literallylexi said:

Panic! At The Disco, Brendon's voice is amazing. Not sure about favorite songs, but I like the Ballad of Mona Lisa and the whole Death of a Bachelor album. I also like listening to Disney songs, musicals, and film scores. And the Undertale soundtrack is pretty great

I love Panic! At the Disco. I've been listening since middle school. One of my favorite bands though my favorite song personally will always be I write songs not tragedies. 

I love when video games have good soundtracks or films too

24 minutes ago, Dawn1213 said:

Yeah no clue about Austrian rappers but he sounds unique. I like Macklemore for the same reason. He raps about equality and more common issues such as the big pharma issue here in the US. 

In general though my taste ranges from rap to alternative rock. Musicals such as Disney music are my jam too.

Than it sounds like we have a little bit in common. I too like alternative rock, I don't know if they quiet count to alternative rock, but I really like Missio and a few songs from The Score (I just recently discovered them so I don't know that many of their songs)

To be honest I never really listend to Macklemore, but maybe I'll start to. I like finding new good music, but I don't like looking for it, because between 10 artists is don't like that much there is maybe one I like. That's why I'm often to lazy to look for new music.

Archived