Homer

keengamer.com — Outer Worlds: Why Parvati's Asexuality is Ace

Homer

Parvati from Outer Worlds is asexual and that's great! We look at what exactly asexuality is, why diversity is important to create interesting characters and why positive representations of asexuality in games is especially important.

January 9, 2020 — https://www.keengamer.com/articles/features/opinion-pieces/outer-worlds-why-parvatis-asexuality-is-ace/

• Like 3

Quasar.w

Haven't played the game myself but am happy to hear that the representation has been done so well and is also well received! Hope for more like this in the future🙂

frostboot

I can't believe I've never even heard of this game, it looks really cool!
Bought it  on impulse and I'm downloading it now so let's hope it's good. 

• Like 1

schizace

Great to see such character development. Thanks for posting about this.

(A) & A

As an asexual, the feeling of seeing a character who's asexuality isn't portrayed as a flaw or something weird was nice.   The fact I had the ability to say "me too" was even better.

AceMissBehaving

I love Parvati and the story behind her. Being able to interact with a character I genuinely related to, and being given dialogue options which actually represented me on the subject of relationships, and life experiences for the first time in my life was an oddly powerful moment. 

Kimmie.

I really need to get this game soon.

frostboot

I've played quite a lot of this game now and honestly it's great. I love Parvati to bits and not only does she mention being told she's cold and feeling lonely because of her asexuality, but you can bond over it, all while overthrowing the corrupt capitalist government with a gun that can shrink people to like half their size.