Please support the future of binding part 3 (genderfluidity)

Just Somebody

Just Somebody

Please notice that binding injuries and negative health side effects, even if following the recommeded guidelines of safety regarding usage and alternatives, are a major issue of the gender non-conforming community as in binding is considered life saving for many but there's a lack better binding technologies and as by that in alternatives, regarding more importantly health.

Nobody should have to have to come across the decision whether or not to sacrifice your physical health for your mental health or vice-versa.

So please support however you can the researches on improving binding technology efficiency regarding speically decreasing it's negative effects on health. 

We really need alternative binding methods that achieves BOTH health and aesthetical needs ASAP. People get injured and can even die of using the currently avaliable binding methods even if the recommended guidelines are followed, while others can't even use them even if they wanted to.

Please check out, follow, share and support the "betterbinderproject", here are their social media communication page:

https://betterbinderproject.tumblr.com/post/176275003398/the-difference-boning-makes

I already did a post regarding the future and improvement of binding methods and technology so, if you're interested on supporting, here's the other project I shared:

Here's another one:

https://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/186339-tw-the-future-of-binding-genderfluidity/

everywhere and nowhere

Unfortunately, I can't sew and even less am I able to use a sewing machine. But the project is a very good idea.

Just by the way, there are female-identifying people who use binders. Particularly among asexuals - there are AFAB asexuals who don't identify as male, genderfluid or non-binary and yet have some chest dysphoria because of how breasts are sexualised in our culture.

Just Somebody
Just now, Nowhere Girl said:

Unfortunately, I can't sew and even less am I able to use a sewing machine. But the project is a very good idea.

Just by the way, there are female-identifying people who use binders. Particularly among asexuals - there are AFAB asexuals who don't identify as male, genderfluid or non-binary and yet have some chest dysphoria because of how breasts are sexualised in our culture.

The gender non-conforming (GNC) community is not only made up of transgender people, we have cisgender people here and some with the same needs.

Just Somebody
40 minutes ago, Anxious Gryffindor said:

Omg, thank you! I've been struggling with this and the link you posted actually helps a lot!

I found inspirational what the betterbinderproject pointed out about how we could take inspiration out of nature and evolution in order to achieve both health and aesthetical needs of bindings.

The way human ribcages usually are was optimized by nature's "try and error" due to natural selection in the course of evolution's history: they are made of bones that are connected by flexible tissue such as muscular fibres/cells that both  expand and contract in order to make it possible for us to breath easily, while still holds firmly in shape and our organs in place, not hurting anything. 

Just like what binding alternative methods should do, allow our ribcages to expand so we can breath as naturally as possibly intended, while still holding firmly the breasts in place, not hurting anything.

TL;DR: it's very likely that the future binding alternatives are copies of the regular human ribcages in function and will feel and look like symply wearing an synthetic "another flesh".

Archived