Am I Straight?

Almost everything about me seems like I’m straight. I’m physically attracted to women, I get crushes on women, I feel the desire to kiss and touch women’s bodies, and I’m attracted to women’s faces, breasts, stomachs, and legs. I’m not attracted to vaginas, however (or butts for that matter). It’s been this way my entire life. Sex has never excited me, genitals have never aroused me. Other stuff does, but anything with genitals, especially thrusting myself in and out of a woman, does nothing for me. I don’t know if I’m technically asexual, or if I’m heterosexual with preferences?

This depends on the definition of straight.

Some heteroromantic asexuals use straight as their id because they're using the hetero-orientated qualifier. Other refuse to use straight as their id because to them straight means heterosexual and heteroromantic or heterosexual regardless of romantic leanings.

Reading by the OP, I assume you are of the camp that straight is heterosexual, right?

An asexual, as a sexual orientation, is someone who does not experience sexual attraction. An aromantic is someone who does not experience romantic attraction. So you're straight on both levels. You'd probably be a heterosexual with preferences. But the word "asexual" can also be used to describe someone with no sexual desire, "hyposexual" someone with a low sex drive, and you could probably find terms for sex-repulsion and sex-indifference in allosexuals. 

Sarah-Sylvia

Well, since you don't like to thrust into a woman, I guess that could mean asexual.. However! sex isn't limited to that. How do you feel about fellatio on you, or also about being thrusted into yourself?

just thought someone should point out that not all women have vulvas...

I'm always a bit puzzled when I read that people are attracted to body parts X and Y of [insert biological sex or gender], but not body part Z. No offense, but it makes the human body sound so ... fragmented. So what if a woman's genitals aren't particularly interesting to you - it's not the most important part of her anyway. You can still love a woman 'wholly' without wanting to go the whole way.

I don't know, you sound as if you could be ace, or gray-ace. And since you're exclusively attracted to women, I guess you can call yourself straight, why not? Or even "heterosexual with preferences".

5 hours ago, CBC said:

True, yeah. I'm assuming the OP was using it to mean "heterosexual", based on his phrasing choices, but you're correct for sure.

Thank you both for your replies-I do not desire to have sex with anyone, though I’m not grossed out by vaginas. I have no problem manually or orally stimulating a woman, even though I’m not attracted to it myself, but penis-in-vagina sex is something I have never been aroused by and is pretty impossible for me to do with a woman since I don’t get aroused. But I am still heteroromantic, so for all practical purposes I suppose I’m straight as opposed to gay. 

4 hours ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

Well, since you don't like to thrust into a woman, I guess that could mean asexual.. However! sex isn't limited to that. How do you feel about fellatio on you, or also about being thrusted into yourself?

I have not been aroused by people doing stuff with my genitals either. As far as someone thrusting themselves into me, I’ve never tried it but honestly considering the prostate is basically the male g spot that might get me aroused. I don’t plan on trying it soon, but who knows? 

• Like 1

I tend think of heterosexual as heteroromantic heterosexual. 

Sexuality is complex and terms like "straight" are just convenient short hand ways that happen to describe some individuals. 

I consider myself "straight" but I am more attracted to women's faces and overall shape than to they genitals.  In fact I would be more attracted to someone who had male genitals but was otherwise female, than I would be to someone who had female genitals but was otherwise male - but I would not be particularly attracted to either.  I sill overall prefer someone who is overall female so "straight" seems a good label. 

It still just a convenient label.