Have you always been Asexual?

Cea

i didn't know the term for it until i was in high school. or was it 6th grade? ah, hell, i can't remember now... :?

Whoever it is with the 54 fingers, ever thought about getting a job with those gross "reality tobacco" ads? Be the poster child holding all those cigarettes. Could be worth a $ or 2

eeewww!!!!!!!!! :P LOL!!! :lol:

I'm the one with the 54 fingers and ... ewww. No. I couldn't make myself do that. Blech.

Cate

I think I have always been. I don't know. I just always thought that boys made better friends than anything else. Even in young childhood and then when I should have been a horney hormoney teen... I remember one incident when my friends and I were at a park and one of them said, "Hey, check out that stud", and pointed to a guy walking a dog. I looked at the dog and said, "I think it's a girl, but it's definately a beautiful German shepherd." Needless to say, I was laughed at by my friends. It WAS funny.

The short answer is, "Yes."

To elaborate just a little, I wasn't even really aware that there was a "sexual world" going on out there until very late in life. I assumed that my feelings (or lack thereof) were just like everyone else's.

A humorous point to this is that my parents always thought that I was so "good" for not "fooling around with sex" at a young age! :D

Well, at least, based upon those parameters, I'm still "good!"

• 3 weeks later...

Short answer No.

Long answer:

No way, at the ripe old age of Seven i had as much sexual libido as a crazy colonel. But after peaking it just wained away to nothing, which occurred when i was 13. I always thought that i just hadnt found the right girl (or, i suppose it could have been, guy) It didn't come throught to me that I was not sexually attracted to anyone (or anything!). Sure, i was definately socially attracted, but not sexually.

I have been feeling exactly the same Charlie. I finally noticed a few months ago that i had no friends after 14 years (i did have a friend when i was 3). Sure ive had aquaintances and companions and im very, but i have never (for 14 years) had a friend (a true friend).

Finally finding out that asexuality existed completely transformed my life/mind. I know where i stand with my feelings, and how differently the sexual people think to me, but its damn annoying that i cant find a friend (bloomin Victorians changing society)

AnyWhoo

Hang in there mate, i dont have much advice except: find a friend, someone who cares.

Ben

P.S. After getting a little 'less new' on the boards, i am starting to suspect that my kind (males) are severely in the minority to you females (on Aven). Are my suspicions true, and if they are, are there more asexual girls than boys. It would be interesting to know. I might do a poll, what do you think?

Scroll right a day or two and you will find the quote that my following

remarks refer to.

BOA- so you experienced sexual attraction in the womb?

Unlike Salvador Dali, I make no claim to remembering prebirth

experiences. And while I became a genetically unique human at the

moment of conception, I did not become a separate entity until the

cutting of the cord. I cannot speak to the sexuality of merged symbiotic

body of which I was once a part, but since the time that I became a

separate body to which the category "you" could accurately be applied

by others in the single, I have not experienced sexual attraction.

Now, would whoever is responsible for this thread being forty fucking yards wide

please go back and edit their posts

so it aint???

boa

Hmmm...you learn something new every day. I had no idea that Salvador Dali claimed to remember pre-birth experiences. It must have been a fairly dull nine months...eat, sleep, eat, sleep, eat, sleep....

Although, some people's lives tend to resemble that pattern even long after they've given up being in utero. ;)

hell, shit, i fixed mine. all you have to do is either delete or edit the troll's post, considering the fact that his is the only one taking up room now.

sorry about that... :oops:

Kensta: There is a poll on here somewhere for what gender people are.

When you find it (prob in Off A) reply to it and it'll bring the post to the front and the newbies can respond as well. I'd look right now, but I have to go to work.

Cate

yeah, i remembered after i posted that... i had a brain fart.

this is what happens when i go w/out chocolate... must... go... to... store!!!

It's OK. It bumped to a new page, at least on my browser, and is a normal width again. I was feeling spread might thin there for a while.

boa

Mine is also on a new page. Thank goodness.

Hey, did anyone see that I replied about Salvador Dali?

I have a cold, and am feeling emotionally sensitive...am I being ignored, or is it just me?

Probably just me.

The early part of his autobio is divided into two sections, false and true memories. His prebirth memories, I think, are in the former.

(edited after checking the book)

boa

OK, thanks for the reassurance. I feel better now.

I have ~got~ to read that autobiography!!!

Meanwhile, I'm glad

that we're on a new page

now, so that we don't have

to write our posts as though they

were poetry. :)

Again, thanks. When you're sick and crabby, little things mean a lot. :)

(Plus, I wanted to make sure people could actually see my posts.)

And I am going to repost this here on a saner page:

BOA- so you experienced sexual attraction in the womb?

Unlike Salvador Dali, I make no claim to remembering prebirth

experiences. And while I became a genetically unique human at the

moment of conception, I did not become a separate entity until the

cutting of the cord. I cannot speak to the sexuality of merged symbiotic

body of which I was once a part, but since the time that I became a

separate body to which the category "you" could accurately be applied

by others in the single, I have not experienced sexual attraction.

boa

I have ~got~ to read that autobiography!!!

Meanwhile, I'm glad

that we're on a new page

now, so that we don't have

to write our posts as though they

were poetry. :)

So waht's wrong with looking like poetry????

It's The Secret Life of Salvador Dali. I have a Dover edition, ISBN 0-486-27454-3. Never been able to get thru more than half of it.

boa

Thanks, sacredprofane. Don't know how I missed that first time around. Don't know about the asexual part, tho. His autobio contains detailed descriptions of his first sexual experiences alone and with others, and he seemed to take to it willingly.

But back to the point of the thread, Yes, DJ, I have only been asexual since birth.

boa

In regards to "looking like poetry:"

When I was a kid, I used to think that all one had to do to "make a poem" was to take an ordinary piece of prose, and put random line-breaks in it. (Give me a break...I was a strange kid...I had no idea what a "re-run" on TV was, either. I thought they did it live each time.)

After reading some poetry, both good and bad, I realized that the only possible conclusion I could draw was that certain poets never "outgrew" that particular philosophy.

So, if we all go around making our prose "look like" poetry, we're bound to be putting some poets out of a job! ;) (Then again, those guys probably deserve to be out of a job!)

---------------------------------

In regards to Dali's autobiography:

Which half? Fictional, or factual? Or did you "skim?"

-----------------------------------

In regards to gender:

I can only speak for myself...female.

By the way, I recently saw a documentary...there are a lot more hermaphrodites running around than we think. It's actually fairly common, and sometimes the people don't even know they have both sets of sex organs.

Sorry about not being here earlier to fix the formatting... :( I was away all day :? I just fixed what I think was the last problem post in this thread....

Archived