A personal update - how things have been going

Xstatic

Hey everyone!  I know I haven't been around for a really long time, and I felt kinda bad about my abrupt absence, but there is a reason behind it!

So I want to thank everyone on these forums for their insightfulness and openness.  The beginning of my relationship was challenging, but completely worth the effort.  There are so many people and stories that helped me navigate the waters of my relationship with my ace partner.  I learned so much from you all and it really helped me grow as a person.

There came a point in time, however, when I wanted to focus less on my partner's ace-ness and more on our personal connection, sans outside influence.  I felt secure enough on my own to not need reassurances, and I felt like I was really comfortable in my understanding of who he, my partner, was.

I think this was a really great decision!  We have been focusing a lot on  our emotional connection and it feels really strong!  Every day I wake up next to him I feel elated.  There is such a burning energy between us and though he still isn't outspoken about feelings and doesn't say anything romantic really, we wake up with our bodies entwined and I feel warm and safe and completely happy.

We're moving in together in May once my lease is up and I'm really excited about it!  

I'm not sure what else to say other than thank you all so much for your wisdom, support and guidance.  💕

I have no context or backstory for this, but that sounds like such an amazing place to be in! Congratulations!!

AceMissBehaving

This makes me so happy! When I first came here your posts gave me hope. Seeing someone who was so positive towards their ace partner helped me get past the idea that all I could offer my husband was frustration and disappointment.

I’m so glad the two of you are so happy together, and moving in together! Congratulations!!! 

11 hours ago, Traveler40 said:

That awesome @xstatic ☆゚°˖* ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ!  Nothing is better in life than personal successes. Thanks for the update, and don’t sweat it too hard, May is just around the corner! 😉

I'm so excited!  I'm already feeling the compulsion to pack up the boxes!  😂

10 hours ago, AceMissBehaving said:

This makes me so happy! When I first came here your posts gave me hope. Seeing someone who was so positive towards their ace partner helped me get past the idea that all I could offer my husband was frustration and disappointment.

I’m so glad the two of you are so happy together, and moving in together! Congratulations!!! 

You are a wonderful person and anyone who can't see that is crazy!  You have so much to offer this world, and your husband is a lucky man in my opinion.  💕 

9 hours ago, ryn2 said:

Congratulations!  I’m glad things are going so well!

Thank you so much!  🥰. It's good to hear from you!

19 hours ago, Jarle said:

I have no context or backstory for this, but that sounds like such an amazing place to be in! Congratulations!!

Thank you!  I suppose the backstory is like many others who come through here... I'm in a mixed relationship.  How do I navigate through it?  What are the tools for success?  How do I understand my partner better?  Though, I didn't come to AVEN out of frustration.  I came for education.  Big difference being that I knew my partner was ace and pursued a relationship with him anyways.  I do consider the perspectives from people on this forum to be invaluable though.  I still had to go through the rejection process that sexuals go through.  And I also discovered that my partner is aro, so that was another big hurdle that this site helped me navigate.  But I definitely like to tell people that it is in fact possible to be happy, but you have to have an open heart and an open mind.  (It's okay if you're not btw!  You have to choose what's okay for you!)🥰

brbdogsonfire

As a sexual man in a mixed relationship I wish you both happyness in your relationship! 

I also found me and my partner connecting more on an emotional level helped reduce my sexual needs. We also found intimate contact such as cuddeling and giving each other non sexual massages helped me greatly. 

It's nice to see other mixed relationships seeming to work on here instead of the normal Doom and gloom.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived