I bought my first "male" shoes!

Dawning

On 1/20/2020 at 4:53 PM, KoiFishShoes said:

I bought the Downtown Dappers in light brown and wear them with jeans and sweaters or blouses depending on how I'm feeling. My grandparents still give me Christmas money, which I love them for, and I used it to buy both these and the black Converse sneakers I've been pining to get for years.

Pretty nice shoes! I'll definitely be getting something similar in the not too distant future. Have you tried looking for Converse on eBay? You can get some pretty deep discounts on new or nearly-new shoes... mine were new and only $20!

On 1/22/2020 at 5:43 AM, Strange-quark said:

@Dawning That's great!

I hate shopping, especially for shoes, so atm I use my mum's old boots... they're technically women's, but something like two sizes too large (I have small feet), which somehow makes them look very masc. I like it and how they fit my style (or the resemblance thereof :P).

I hate shopping too! There's so little that I would want, and none of it at a price I'm willing to pay unless I'm at a thrift store, in which case it's often not in the condition I'm looking for… consider yourself lucky that you found something you can use without going through all that! Men have bigger feet than women, so wearing bigger boots would make your feet look more masculine… my feet are very big, so they look kind of masculine with shoes the right size.

This whole thing got started for me when I found an old pair of my husband's slacks that fit me; they aren't beautiful, they certainly wouldn't be anything I would choose for myself, but at the end of the day they fit the bill! I say, use whatever you can find that works!

On 1/24/2020 at 5:44 AM, Janus DarkFox said:

At some point in my transition I’ll move on from this to more regular women’s clothing.  The same clothing at home I’ll see to it if I can do out in public.

How have you chosen the clothes you wear at home? Have you felt drawn to certain clothes, or have you tried on different things and some had the right feel, or do you have an aesthetic attraction to certain garments… or a combination? I'm getting a steadily clearer idea of the look I want, a retro blue-collar male look, but I can't tell if it's just because I think it looks cool, or because I see it as more masculine, or if this is some expression of gender… It can be very frustrating!

Archived