My asexual partner and my autistic brain

Switters

So after 4 years with my partner I figured out she was asexual. It's omething she learned in therapy but was afraid to talk about until I brought it up. I am totally accepting of this. But the reality is that I DO have primal needs. My wife is not jealous and has no problem with me fulfilling me needs but I can't. Being autistic I spent my life learning the rules and the idea of being with another woman is actually painful. I never understood relationships so learned from books...and unfortunately 80's movies. I have never enjoyed sex without a connection. Ever. Suggestions?

The only thing you can do really is have a conversation with her and discuss whether it’s feasible for any sexual activity to continue (if that’s what you want/need). The result of that conversation is then where you both are to go from. Best of luck.

Well... if you're not into poly (could have emotional connection sex with someone else) or open then the only options are celibacy or compromise sex, depending on comfort levels. 

Archived