Heya! I just joined :) !

Aceymmetrical

Aceymmetrical

Heya~!

My name is Axel, but i also go by Axe.

I wanted to say hello and see what AVEN is about and what the people are like.

Could anyone give me a general rundown of what it is like to be on this site and what the main discussions are?

I had recently discovered that i am asexual and im glad.

i'd never felt sexual attraction and when people were like 'oh yea sexual attraction is this and that etc.' i always thought it was kind of weird,

like?? how could you look at someone and think, 'oh yea i'd do them'???

i'm still exploring asexuality and what it means, so please forgive me if i get confused or if something doesn't make sense.

Hi Axe! Your name kind of sounds like 'ace', the commonly-used nickname for 'asexual', which is pretty cool.

Welcome to AVEN. This cake is for you. As an ace, I prefer eating cake over having sex, as do many of us on AVEN. (Not that I've ever tried the latter option, but I just know, and that's valid!)

Neapolitan-cake-25.jpg

Also, congratulations on discovering that you're ace. That's a great moment to have, especially when you've been confused about why sex is so hyped up. For instance...

56 minutes ago, Aceymmetrical said:

like?? how could you look at someone and think, 'oh yea i'd do them'???

I still don't get it, and never will. That's more than fine by me because then I have more free time to pursue my education, friendships, and hobbies. 

To answer your question, AVEN is a site where we convene to discuss all things ace, and some unrelated topics such as food (nom nom nom). My experience as an AVEN user has been extremely positive -- the people here are super relatable and understanding of the questions that I thought were weird questions before. AVEN is also the first place I've been where I'm comfortable sharing all the ace moments I've had throughout my life, and where I'm confident that I won't be judged.

The main discussions include questions about asexuality, incredibly ace moments, asexual relationships, how to come out, what to do if you have trouble accepting that you're ace, experiences in a sexualized society, and more. (These are just the ones I thought of off the top of my head.)

Anyway, have a blast!

3 hours ago, cAROlyn said:

My experience as an AVEN user has been extremely positive

Totally agree. I fell in love with AVEN at first sight! 🙈

This site is rich in diversity. Here you'll find people who know, people who don't know, people who describe themselves as something, people who identify as something, people who question their something, and all in between. It's a place where people who need help and advice are able to find exactly that AND at the same time can share help and advice with others who need it. The topics reach from asexuality-related to mixed up to off-topic, this site has a purpose, but it is also a community that fills exactly that purpose even through conversations that are totally unrelated.

One very important thing: I find AVEN to be extremely well moderated. That is, of course, due to competent and engaged mods, but I guess it's also the ace community that are not fond of bragging or arguing in general to the same extent as your standard non-asexual community would be. There are quite a lot of sexuals hanging around here as well, and they are just as welcome and you seldom notice the difference when people write, unless it's a topic where one's experience as the one or the other is asked, in which case many start with: "As an asexual I feel that..." or "As a sexual I feel that...".

So, jump right in and enjoy! Welcome!

Welcome! Oh is that a Toga profile pic? It looks cool :0 

Yeah the sites pretty chill as long as you don’t touch Hot Box, it costs a soul to enter but it doesn’t have to be yours ;) 

c3.jpg

Aceymmetrical

Thank you all for the welcome, support and advice!

I'm glad that there are really cool people on here and thorough moderators!

I appreciate the cake, too :)!

I'm mega happy that there is a community that will help me understand asexuality and talk to people alike,

AVEN seems like a really nice community and im hella glad to be here :)!

NickyTannock

Welcome to AVEN!

I think the community is friendly, with a heated debate now and then. The main discussions are about answering questions people have about their own identity.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a "Book Dragon" cake (all edible),

https://cakesdecor.com/cakes/321953-book-dragon-cake

gjkxa1zwvwrnqr4uzw6x.jpg

Archived