Hello

Salt and Pepper

Salt and Pepper

Hi. I'm a 53-year-old Asian woman, single mother (divorced). It was only very recently that I discovered (while browsing the 'net) that it was perfectly natural for a person to be asexual and yet romantic at heart. It sort of explains why I wish for a romantic relationship, yet do not want physical intimacy. This is not such an uncommon combination after all! I feel so relieved that I'm not alone.

Having said that, I'm an introvert with a lot of inhibitions and would find it very difficult to actively seek out a like-minded soulmate. Here's hoping that the Universe will do the needful towards that end!

Meantime, it was great to read many of your posts and the comments of some of you resonated so deeply with me that I overcame my first inhibition (of being active on the internet) and joined this forum.

Just wanted to say I'm so happy to know that you all exist!

Custard Cream

Hello and welcome from a 51 year old romantic asexual. You are not alone. I hope you will find friendship and support here, as I have.

Salt and Pepper

Thank you, Custard Cream! 😊

AceMissBehaving

Welcome to AVEN! Making that first post is always the hardest so congrats on that big step! You are definitely far from alone on wanting the romantic connection without the physical, and it’s definitely something that’s possible to find. 

Welcome! Congrats on joining, I know how hard it can be to take that first step :D 

Gluten+Free+Rainbow+Cake.jpg

Salt and Pepper

Thank you, Lichley! 

I was wondering when I was going to be offered a cake.... 🤔😁

Salt and Pepper

Oh wow, that's beautiful!

Thank you so much! 

Archived