New here :)

Ally<3

Hi all, I’m new here. My name’s Ally or Al, and my pronouns are she/her. 

I just found out about asexuality about a week ago, and immediately felt like I fit in almost perfectly. Honestly it was a huge shock, because I realized that sexuality actually has to do with sex, like it’s an actual sexual attraction? I guess I didn’t realize that when people referred to their sexuality, they meant who they were sexually attracted to, and not just romantically(silly, right?). I didn’t realize people looked at other people and thought “wow I’d love to have sex with them.” Like, whoa. I’ve always thought it was odd how seemingly obsessed our culture is with sex, but I figured it was because I’ve grown up religious that I was turned off by sex. I didn’t realize until now that even people in my church had normal sexual attraction. Lol.

I grew up POSITIVE I was straight, although occasionally I was “worried” I was also attracted to women, the thoughts of which I shoved out of my brain until now, and now I’m thinking I might be biromantic. 

Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself so I could be part of a community of people I have something in common with. Hope this all made grammatical sense. So, hello :)

Welcome! Take your time to figure things out, there’s no need to rush yourself to get a quick answer on I feel you’re biromantic or not, it’s always good to go at a pace you’re comfortable with, we’ll support you either way :D 

chocolate-chocolate+cake.jpg

Yeah, you’re probably right. Once I get interested in something I have the tendency to obsess over it and jump to conclusions, lol. 😅

thanks for the welcome!

Salt and Pepper

Hi Ally,

I'm new too, just joined today :). I totally get how you feel. In fact I just discovered this whole concept of asexual romance in the last few days, and it was mind-blowing! I felt hugely relieved that there was nothing wrong with me, I'm normal 😁

So, welcome!

On 1/3/2020 at 9:21 PM, Ally<3 said:

Hi all, I’m new here. My name’s Ally or Al, and my pronouns are she/her. 

I just found out about asexuality about a week ago, and immediately felt like I fit in almost perfectly. Honestly it was a huge shock, because I realized that sexuality actually has to do with sex, like it’s an actual sexual attraction? I guess I didn’t realize that when people referred to their sexuality, they meant who they were sexually attracted to, and not just romantically(silly, right?). I didn’t realize people looked at other people and thought “wow I’d love to have sex with them.” Like, whoa. I’ve always thought it was odd how seemingly obsessed our culture is with sex, but I figured it was because I’ve grown up religious that I was turned off by sex. I didn’t realize until now that even people in my church had normal sexual attraction. Lol.

I grew up POSITIVE I was straight, although occasionally I was “worried” I was also attracted to women, the thoughts of which I shoved out of my brain until now, and now I’m thinking I might be biromantic. 

Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself so I could be part of a community of people I have something in common with. Hope this all made grammatical sense. So, hello :)

Hi Ally,

I clicked on your post, because my name is also Allie (or Al). A lot of what you said really resonates with me. Especially the realizing other people look at people and think "I'd love to have sex with them", because I just never have that. I also grew up positive I was straight, and 'worried' I was bi. I always was like "I don't want sex with boys, but sex with girls sounds even worse I think, but maybe I'm just not open to it or something". Now that I know about asexuality, I'm pretty sure I am straight, just don't want to have sex with anyone. Here's some cake for you. 🍰

Archived