Halp ( objectification)

Sarah-fireCat

Sarah-fireCat

At my school there's this guy who keeps objectifying me for my asexuality thinking "oh she's cute!". I find it ridiculous that he thinks that I am just not interested in sex, and constantly sexualizes the things I enjoy. Why? I don't know. But I don't know what to do. So.......halp?

Sarah-Sylvia

Hi. fellow Sarah-er ;)

What do people usually do at your school if someone's being a bother to them?
It's like a light form of bullying, some kids like to get away with it. Or maybe he thinks of it as just teasing and.. he could maybe benefit to know that you don't like it.

Hopefully it's not one of those cases where he secretly likes you and it's why he's teasing. 😜

Maybe stop talking to the guy, because maybe your telling him you're not interested makes him more interested in bothering you. If that doesn't work, consider telling a teacher or other school staff member.

PhantomintheCabinet

Avoid him. He sounds like he's being kinda gross towards you. If he keeps bothering you tell an authority figure about him because this is not at all okay.

NickyTannock

@Sarah-fireCat Welcome to AVEN!

Can you avoid or ignore them?

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a "Sewing basket" cake (all edible),

https://cakesdecor.com/cakes/95265-sewing-basket-cake

avpugzjkqoewdwpbh89k.jpg

Sarah-fireCat

Thanks everyone for the advice (And sewing cake :3). My next GSA Club meeting is tomorrow, and that is when he usually "strikes" (for lack of a better word) and I'll tell you what happens next. So see you then. (thanks again!)

Sarah-fireCat
On 1/2/2020 at 7:36 PM, Sarah-Sylvia said:

Hi. fellow Sarah-er ;)

What do people usually do at your school if someone's being a bother to them?
It's like a light form of bullying, some kids like to get away with it. Or maybe he thinks of it as just teasing and.. he could maybe benefit to know that you don't like it.

Hopefully it's not one of those cases where he secretly likes you and it's why he's teasing. 😜

also as a reply to this lovely fellow Sarah.

I'm not sure, they say that they will do everything they can, but, they don't. So all I can do is hope for the best.

Archived