demiromantic and polyromantic

Iwannabewithnoname

Iwannabewithnoname

I am pretty sure I am demiromantic but I can't feel any romantic attraction to some genders it's possible that I am demiromantic and polyromantic or it's just I did't develop an emotional connection deep enough

ok

Sarah-Sylvia

Hi. ;)
It's possible that you're just not attracted to certain genders. Which would be something relatively normal :)

@Iwannabewithnoname are you under the impression that as a DemiRomantic you should be attracted to multiple genders?  Those would be two different things.  Polyromantic would indicate that you have multiple loves.  If you are complaining that your not creating a deep enough emotional connection with people to form a romantic attraction I would think having multiple of this would be difficult.  Some clarification on what you are asking will help you get an answer. 

• 2 weeks later...

Demiromantic can be a qualifier of sorts to another orientation. For instance, a demiromantic heteroromantic (probably a better way to say this), would be attracted to people of the other gender, but only after forming an emotional bond with them. Polyromantic from some googling means "someone who likes most genders but not all genders" @Gnome.1 I think you were thinking of polyamorous. So, yes, it is quite possible you are demiromantic and polyromantic @Iwannabewithnoname

@pulsar512b, you are correct. I had seen the term polyromantic on a polyamorous forum an ace and thought with context that I knew what it meant.   Guess not.  Thank you for calling me on this and correcting me.  I have been trying very hard to understand as many terms and dynamics as I can and I guess this one got me. 

3 hours ago, Gnome.1 said:

@pulsar512b, you are correct. I had seen the term polyromantic on a polyamorous forum an ace and thought with context that I knew what it meant.   Guess not.  Thank you for calling me on this and correcting me.  I have been trying very hard to understand as many terms and dynamics as I can and I guess this one got me. 

No big deal, it's understandable. Frankly, i wasn't sure what it meant either, and had to go google it lol

On 1/17/2020 at 4:14 AM, pulsar512b said:

Demiromantic can be a qualifier of sorts to another orientation. For instance, a demiromantic heteroromantic (probably a better way to say this), would be attracted to people of the other gender, but only after forming an emotional bond with them. 

I'm confused... I understand where the "demisexual" thing comes from - only feeling sexual attraction once the feelings have arrived. But surely the romantic connection is the feelings? That would make "demiromantic" only having the feelings once the feelings have arrived, which is a little bit obvious. 

Archived