I have a question...

I'm fairly young I'm only in my teenage years and I sometimes have sexual images in my head, but as soon as they pop up I feel disgusted, uncomfortable and weirded out. I was wondering if I'm actually asexual, am I overthinking or just imagining things? I have no desire for sex I find it uncomfortable, painful and weird... I question my sexual identity every day and waste hours of my day doing research about asexuality and other sexualities, but I'm never satisfied with the information I get and always seek to learn more and prove something to myself that I am asexual. If someone asks me I tell them that I'm asexual, but I always feel like I'm lying to them and myself. Sometimes I think I'm gay which makes no sense, because I don't experience attraction to the same sex, but I don't feel sexual attraction to the opposite sex either. I'm just really confused...

Edited by Simon!
  • Like 2

As far as I'm aware I do not have OCD and haven't really ever questioned it...

Lord Jade Cross

I agree with @CBC It sounds like it could be OCD which isnt really uncommon, even more for a teenager because at those ages we are barely starting to figure ourselves out so sex is kind of prevalent, even more than what we might like to admit. Even at later ages, this still happens. I know it did to me and I spent a long trying trying to pick apart whatever I was feeling (or not feeling as may be the case) 

1 hour ago, Simon! said:

I'm fairly young I'm only in my teenage years and I sometimes have sexual images in my head, but as soon as they pop up I feel disgusted, uncomfortable and weirded out. I was wondering if I'm actually asexual, am I overthinking or just imagining things? I have no desire for sex I find it uncomfortable, painful and weird... I question my sexual identity every day and waste hours of my day doing research about asexuality and other sexualities, but I'm never satisfied with the information I get and always seek to learn more and prove something to myself that I am asexual. If someone asks me I tell them that I'm asexual, but I always feel like I'm lying to them and myself. Sometimes I think I'm gay which makes no sense, because I don't experience attraction to the same sex, but I don't feel sexual attraction to the opposite sex either. I'm just really confused...

Hey there kiddo! welcome! First of all, it's not strange to have sexual images or thoughts in your head, whatever you feels about it, and being asexual. There's many (a)sexualities, they're all differents depending on the person, which is why it's always difficult to find a satisfied answer. Second, you don't have to question your sexual identity everyday. You're a teenager, you're sexuality doesn't define WHO you are, of course it can give you something like a feeling of secure, and it's okay though. But searching for it everyday... this isn't good for your anxiety. What is important is what you feel. You don't have desire for sex, which is a part of asexuality (from my point of view) so i don't understand which part of the informations you don't like?

Edited by AceBird
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, AceBird said:

i don't understand which part of the informations you don't like?

It's not that I don't like the information it's just the desire to know more and knowing that sitting around and doing nothing is wasteful? I don't know, that could just be my personality trait, because I try to learn as much about different kinds of stuff ranging from maths, physics to mental health, sexualities, ect.

Edited by Simon!
2 minutes ago, Simon! said:

It's not that I don't like the information it's just the desire to know more and knowing that sitting around and doing nothing is wasteful? I don't know, that could just be my personality trait, because I try to learn as much about different kinds of stuff ranging from maths, physics to mental health, sexualities, ect.

I can understand that, you don't have to justify yourself ^^
by the way, it's good to search for informations, being curious for that is a good thing, I hope you'll find your answers here, since you can talk with a lot of people

Sarah-Sylvia

Best guess is that you're a little sex repulsed, which doesn't necessarily mean you're asexual. Could take time to untangle some things maybe?
Sometimes all we can do is guess, since there's not enough to know for sure. And being young explains it, you have time to know even more about yourself, and that's not a bad thing :)

14 minutes ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

Best guess is that you're a little sex repulsed, which doesn't necessarily mean you're asexual. Could take time to untangle some things maybe?
Sometimes all we can do is guess, since there's not enough to know for sure. And being young explains it, you have time to know even more about yourself, and that's not a bad thing :)

Isn't the "defenition" of asexual: "A person who does not experience sexual attraction" ?..

Sarah-Sylvia
9 minutes ago, Simon! said:

Isn't the "defenition" of asexual: "A person who does not experience sexual attraction" ?..

Any aversion, fear, or negative emotional patterns can push away something in someone.
Sometimes the attraction can get squished by things like that. It can make sense to treat it like asexuality in a lot of cases, it's just that sometimes there's more to the story.
It still comes down to accepting how you are, and being open to discovering about yourself :)

2 hours ago, Simon! said:

Hey there fellow teen (i'm guessing you're a teen...)!

Honestly,i thought i was the only one who felt like this.I know exactly how you're feeling because i went through this (and still go through it).

You see,i also sometimes get these 'sexual images' and as soon as they appear,i feel terrible.And on top of this,i'm probably the worlds biggest pervert.Yeah,not exactly what you'd picture if i told you to imagine an asexual person.

'So...Am i really asexual?What if i'm just a late bloomer?' etc.

These might be the questions that you might be asking yourself.I also experienced this.I thought that i must be a lesebian,but i whenever i asked myself if i'd sleep with a girl,the answer was always a big,fat no.'So i must be straight.I just haven't found the right one yet.' i thought.But after some time,i figured out i'm ace.

My point is-you shouldn't think less of yourself.If you think that you're asexual,than that's great.If it turns out you aren't,that's also great.Only you can truely know what and who you really are.So cheer up and be proud of who you are.You're awsome no matter what you identify as😉💖