Fictional characters

Potatoo

I'm fictosexual towards anime characters, and have a harem of 10 husbandos and around 1-4 waifus (yeah, I'm more attracted and attached to the males, when it comes to real life people I find women more attractive but when it comes to anime characters I find men more attractive, I don't know why ¯\_(ツ)_/¯). Most of them are aesthetically attractive villains or anti-heroes, bonus points if they have a tragic backstory (like someone else said, psychopaths with tragic backstories). To be honest I think I have a little bit of hybristophilia when it comes to them.

• 4 weeks later...
coelacanthiformes
On 1/29/2020 at 3:38 PM, asexualpanda27 said:

I don’t generally feel much attraction to characters, but there is an exception: Elsa with her hair down in Frozen 2. I am extremely aesthetically attracted to that. I could stare at her all day. Anyone with me on that?

omg me

New display name

I also "squish" on characters or find them aesthetically pleasing, though my attachment to some has definitely made people question if it's really just that-- which it is, I just get really emotionally connected to fictional things sometimes because I grew up in such a way that I didn't have many real people I could count on, and I honestly still don't.

For instance, the character I've kind of stolen the identity of on this very forum, Yuri from Yu-Gi-Oh ARC-V, is an evil little jerk that basically wants to see the world burn because he has no friends. I relate to that because I remember being that age and feeling that way low key sometimes still feel that way. It's not like I experience any attraction to him (and thank goodness for that-- seeing as he's a kid, that would be very questionable of me), it's more like... "Man, if I had the privilege of existing in your stupid anime universe where a card game decides the fate of the world, I'd be your friend, bud."

• 11 months later...

Yay! Essay! Here goes:

I think I could be fictoplatonic? Or something? There are specific kinds of characters that I get attached to, whether it’s platonic attraction or just liking them. This happens commonly with books and with characters of my own as well; not so common with movies or shows unless based on a book/s and I’ve read it/them. (An exception being Homura in Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I consider her to be in the former category,

[if you haven't watched it and mind spoilers]

Spoiler

though she lands solidly on the protagonist side once you get far enough in to learn what her deal is.)

1.  There are the “darker” characters, antagonists and antihero/ines. They're so horrible!!!...and somehow that ends up a positive trait... Extra points if they are (or act) aro/ace &/or have an actual “greater villain” they’re battling (Not something stupid or just their own mess all-too-obviously attributed to people who had nothing to do with it, so definitely not Voldemort, maybe the Darkling (Shadow and Bone), Snow (Hunger Games, but you’d have to read Ballad Of Songbirds And Snakes) and Queen Levana (Lunar Chronicles), and definitely Kaz (Six Of Crows; he is a protagonist, but also a criminal motivated primarily by greed and vengeance)). I don’t exactly want to be friends with them, speaking logically in terms of my own safety (with some of them that would be suicide to try and initiate, and almost all of them are really against the concept of friends), but were I this wacky immortal being they can’t kill or otherwise rid themselves of, that would be awesome. Top thing on my list as an immortal being, in fact: harass fictional villains and antiheroes into friendship until I eventually win them over.

2. Then there are characters I perceive as like me in some way, generally the introverted/smart/innocent and kind ones (Prim and Rue (The Hunger Games), Bitterblue (The Graceling Realm Books), and Cress (The Lunar Chronicles) are good examples here.) These are the ones I relate with in the more expectable way, and are in addition the ones that end up breaking my heart in one way or another, either by dying or falling in love. Either fate leads to ferocious rage at the author for choosing that out of all other better things they could’ve done. I guess I just get too emotionally involved, especially if they don’t introduce a romantic interest quick enough that I know not to associate myself with them. Unlike the other trend of character, they are usually female. With only one exception I can think of (David in the Shadow And Bone books…but I love Genya as a character so much I’m actually not upset they did get together) they’re generally only male if they’re my own character (there are two of these in a story I’m writing at the moment.)With these characters the feeling is more parental, like I want to take care of them and shelter them from the world because it is so confusing and messy and challenging.

So two very different situations: one I want to befriend and shelter and the other, unleash on a hypothetical world, stand back and cheer on while they destroy stuff…

Ah shit my first post on this thread was from my harem days xD. I still have aesthetic attraction to a lot of anime characters, but I’m pretty much committed to Speed-o’-Sound Sonic as my one and only husbando now.

Blue eyes white dragon

Most of my fictional crushes are just aesthetic (both male and female), alterous, or platonic. Though I have been romantically attracted to a couple. 

I don’t really feel special attraction to characters beyond “they’re funny/cute/well-written/etc and I like them” most of the time. There are one or two exceptions though.

The character Moritz from the musical Spring Awakening is the first example that comes to my mind. I’m attracted to him in a protective/platonic kind of way. Because he must be protected at all costs and I would die for my boy!

😂

And I’m not attracted to my own characters per se but I love them very much and want to put them in the best stories I can because they deserve the best I can give them.

:)

Mine is a bit of a weird one but I have to say it’s Pina from beastars, idk his character design and personality I really love along with me having romantic attraction for Pina. (I have a BF and I love him to death but when I fluctuate to fictoromantic this happens really)

prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko prince zuko 

I get like, aesthetic crushes on lots of characters. I have sexual fantasies on the ones who look inhuman or "scary", or full on monsters. 😁 I've had long term crushes on a couple of characters like these. It gets frustrating when you can't get them out of your head for weeks at a time!

On 2/24/2021 at 12:37 AM, dreamy said:

prince zuko

omfg i just came back to this thread and saw i completely misread the question hahaha oops. The kind of attraction I feel towards fictional characters is romantic but not in a love kind of a way I guess. Like I giggle when a character like prince zuko says something cute or heroic or funny and my heart feels kinda warm, similar to real life romantic attraction but you obviously know your feelings can't go anywhere.

There are also characters that are aesthetically pleasing to me that I would never consider myself "attracted" to.

Archived