New and learning about myself

Artila

Hi there I am 21 years old and actually I have only recently started to focus on all that sexuality stuff.  

The first time I gave a bit of my attention to that question was when I was 18 and there I realized that I might either be bi or gay. I realized that through a text roleplay where my character was in a relationship with a female and I also kinda started to crush on that person.

But no matter how long I waited the thought of sex itself always grossed me out. I told myself it's because I am a virgin, because I never was in a real relationship and so on.

After my 21th birthday I moved out of my parents house and finally focused on my sexuality again. I tried sexting with a girl and ended up bored, I fell into an infantuous love with a guy I met offline but even though I had heavily physical desires... sex itself... was more of a "eh if I must...!" topic even with this guy. I am repulsed by everything involving genitalia and sexual body parts. 

Even now where I exposed myself to lots of media showing sexual acts in order to "toughen up and stop being afraid of it" I just shrug at these. I stopped being super repulsed and can look at it now but the repulse is still there.

I only started to realize that I am not alone when I met a girl with the exact same feelings. We did roleplays and I introduced her to these things and then we discovered that we have the exact same limitations. So we went on a mission to find out "what is wrong" with us together.

I finally found out I was asexual when I watched a movie and my favourite character was asexual. He got a blowjob offered and his reaction was an irritated jolt/ panic moment and then a simple "No!". I FELT THAT. I could relate so much!

Later I found out that people get horny by looking at others and I was so mindblown that this exists! Since then I am busy finding out more about asexuality especially since I am such a weird (I think) case who actually craves a lot but never "the real deal". 

Anyway excuse the long introduction, hello there! I hope to find out a lot more about myself here!

Sarah-Sylvia

Well hi.
Sounds normal for around here 😆

Of course, being repulsed is different than being asexual, but you also show indifference and traits of just being asexual, so I don't think it matters much. I think you'll find that you relate a Lot to other people on here :)

Welcome around ❤️

Welcome!  And, per AVEN tradition, have some cake!  

109778.jpg

I guess your journey just goes to show how important representation can be.  Both to spread awareness of the label and to portray the asexual experience.  It's great to finally be able to look at a character and see your identity there.  

I like your profile pic btw!  (Alastor's my favorite too.)  

Welcome! Oh man do I get that. Apparently the “sexy” adverts actually work and get more people to buy the product??? How??

01ca4f42876b20dd42213cea3a778cd1.jpg

9 hours ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

Well hi.
Sounds normal for around here 😆

Of course, being repulsed is different than being asexual, but you also show indifference and traits of just being asexual, so I don't think it matters much. I think you'll find that you relate a Lot to other people on here :)

Welcome around ❤️

Thank you a lot for the warm welcome! I didn't know that repulse was different haha. Well I spent a lot of time "training" myself to be less repulsed so it became a lot less (but never vanished). Yeah I could already relate a lot from what I have seen so far.

8 hours ago, iyote said:

Welcome!  And, per AVEN tradition, have some cake!  

109778.jpg

I guess your journey just goes to show how important representation can be.  Both to spread awareness of the label and to portray the asexual experience.  It's great to finally be able to look at a character and see your identity there.  

I like your profile pic btw!  (Alastor's my favorite too.)  

Hello and thank you for the cake and warm welcome! ^o^ Also oh yes! At first I thought I would not be ace because I wasn't really informed and only through Al I started to learn more about asexuality (also because of the terrible Hazbin ship wars ^^;) I am happy to see another Alastor fan here! He is the only asexual character I could relate to so far since he is not portrayed as a emotionless robot hahaha. That bubbly creepy deer...!

7 hours ago, Lichley said:

Welcome! Oh man do I get that. Apparently the “sexy” adverts actually work and get more people to buy the product??? How??

01ca4f42876b20dd42213cea3a778cd1.jpg

Hello and thank you for the cake! Also really? I thought only stupid emergency-horny people with a problem fell for them! For me it always has the different effect xD I am like "nope you won't get me for that cheap also it's sad you have to use these tactics to get customers" (Also I consider them less serious and trustworthy)

I wonder if people get aroused through these advertisements...?

I thought only stupid emergency-horny people with a problem fell for them!

I thought so too. Apparently it’s a “if they’re that hot / with someone that hot then maybe it will up my chances” kind of effect. Like celebrity endorsements I guess?

1 hour ago, MichaelTannock said:

Welcome to AVEN!

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here are some "Hazbin Hotel" cupcakes,

https://fandomcupcakesx.tumblr.com/

e74b95a3ed222f8e7b7683220f2542ca4166bc98

oh my god thank you aaaa I did not know that these exist! <3  *happily munches HH cupcakes*

Archived