Hello, a not so newbie introducing themselves!

karatop

Hey everyone, my name is kara, but using my username karatop is just as fine. I joined the forums a bit over a year ago, but never introduced myself. I just logged back on and a lot of things have changed about my identity since then which is crazy for me to think about. My pronouns are they/them but I still use she/her irl a lot because asking people to change is scary. I'll get there eventually though! I'm nonbinary but trying out greygender and genderfluid to see if they also fit. 

I'm just looking to chat and make friends on here. I don't know any asexuals in my life; I go to college on the central coast of california and am studying biochemistry and getting a minor in spanish :) some of my interests are playing with dogs, dying my hair (purple mostly), playing pokemon go (team valor!), cooking and baking, going on hikes with friends even though i fall so much i am afraid of hiking, and going to concerts (mostly hardcore rock, pop punk, and metalcore). 

Comment or PM me if you wanna chat or be friends. Also if anyone knows of any discords for asexuals in california let me know please!

Welcome back! Oh cool, what’s biochemistry like? (I’m studying chemistry myself) Are the lab practicals any different? 

rainbow+wedding+cake+7.jpg

I take a lot of chemistry classes too actually so they aren't much different. For most of my biochem classes they're upper division classes and don't necessarily have a lab attached. I had one for my intro class and I would describe it as doing chem things but with proteins mostly.

also i LOVE that cake photo!

Archived